1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT 2018 Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wayne58, Apr 9, 2017.

1. That sounds like a contradiction ...'known fact' and 'read on Facebook'

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. #62 Technomad, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  3. #64 fatbob99, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. All the bikes were run in correctly (to the best of my knowledge). All the owners of them had previous pre-DVT multis, and had no oil usage issues.
    Generally we were all riding together in the same group, although a couple of us were two up and ride a bit faster.
    It is a known issue that has culminated in Ducati coming up with an acceptible usage guide. I understand there is now some theory about not filling the engines to the max mark or it will burn it anyway.
    My ST4S used to use a bit of oil when in the Alps (higher revs, more engine braking into hairpins etc) but not at other times. My 2012 doesnt need topping up between services, and didnt use any oil on this trip despite being ridden pretty hard.

5. Well I dont, but those I ride with get quite upset when its their turn to pay for the fill up and I have used 30% more fuel than they have :grinning:
    (we double up at pumps to speed up splash and dash time)
    The DVT drinks significantly less than my 2012. If the new 1260 is similar to the DVT then thats great. If its back to low 30s mpg like the 2012 then thats not so great, for my mates anyway :laughing:

6. My 2010 has a long-term average of 39mpg, 44mpg when touring two-up. My ST4s averaged 45mpg whatever I did, and it would be nice to get back to that. That's with riding style, pace and loads very similar to John's.

7. My 2010 has a long-term average of 39mpg, 44mpg when touring two-up. My ST4s averaged 45mpg whatever I did, and it would be nice to get back to that. That's with riding style, pace and loads very similar to John's.

8. I wish mine averaged 39mpg :rolleyes:
    44mpg would mean a 200 mile tank range, and I have never got above 170.

We had a day of trying to stretch fuel stops on this last trip. I managed 150miles the first time, 160 miles the second time, putting in 20 litres each stop with display on zero :dizzy:
    It got quite entertaining, trying to ensure the remaining range was more than the miles to go :D

Probably part of the problem is that we tend to cruise at about 90 to 95mph on faster roads (had to drop that back to 85 to make the above mileages :yum) and I like to get up to cruising speed whenever possible :blush:

Roll on the new bike. Might have to book a trip to Milan for the bike show now :cool:

9. 95 is fast... wouldn't expect good fuel consumption in anything this side of a plane at 95.

Go slower and see the stuff you're going past?

10. Where's the fun in that

That's on the faster more open stuff obviously. Even the cars that we encounter are doing 80ish.
    It's what you get used to. Only doing 80 to 85 means I'm not engaged enough and so dont concentrate as much.
    Besides, if Sally satnag (wife on the back) is happy then so am I, and she only kicks in when in 3 figures :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Which is where the Multistrada is a pain (literally) - the raised rear seat means that Gill can see over my shoulder to the speedo. The pain is then in the ribs…

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Why don't they use the same hill start as cars, brakes stays on until you start moving rather than turning off after 10 secs, what's the point in having/using it if on a hill in a queue at say a set of lights if they keep turning every 10 secs!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. I agree Frank, cause as it is, I never bother using it. Our little golf just stays on till I start lifting the clutch, what is it with this 10 sec bollox??

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. No hill start here. I have a 2016 S and doesn't look like mine has the Hill Start function. I know some of you mentioned that the 2016 did get it but I can't find it. Any tips as to how to activate it and if in fact the 2016 did come with it?

15. Dealer hinted very strongly to me that it will be belt drive... (dealer test session coming up in a couple of months)

16. Hi

I didn't think I had it on my 2017 DVT until I pressed down hard on the rear brake, then I saw the light come on the dash and on it came, however I do find it a waste of time, unlike a car hillstart like my VW which stays on until you start to move forward, the DVT hill start only activates for 20 seconds then turns off, caught me out the first time so don't bother anymore , waste of time

17. Press rear brake hard & while still pressing apply the front brake, till you see light on dash. As above, rubbish. Used mine a few times & bloody thing lets go & your in sh-- street. Surely there,s a setting in ECU. has anyone got a software program for strada. Apart from dealers of course.

18. Was looking at X diavel while bike serviced on Tuesday, there is a section of swing arm that unbolts to remove belt so swing arm does not have to come out, I think it could be good to have belt drive. But I've had a kicking for saying that in here before :grinning:

No need for rear brake, just pull front brake lever hard, light comes on. Is defo on 2016 S as that's what i have and it's fitted.

#79 Wayne58, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Just pull front brake hard and then a further squeeze for half a second and it will come on. Its better than BMW equiv as it doesn't take force to override when you want to move (which means you start with a jolt) but its daft that it goes off after 16(?) seconds. Can catch you out of the traffic doesn't let you move within the timeframe!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information