1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cafe Racer 2019 Cafe Racer - Anyone Got One?

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Cripes, Apr 2, 2019.

1. The updated 2019 Cafe Racer seems to have a low profile, so I wondered whether anyone on here's taken delivery of one?

I'm hoping to pick mine up next week, already getting excited.

[​IMG]

Currently riding an MV Turismo Veloce Lusso, but I fancy something suitable for shorter, local rides. It'll stay (for now) alongside its Italian cousin.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I like the 2019 update, and the Cafe Racer is a pretty model. It's a shame they discontinued the black coffee colour scheme though. I reckon it'll be a great little thing to ride, as the 2015 Classic (my bike) is a pretty nimble thing and lacks a few of the nice features (fuel gauge, gear position indicator etc) that the 2019 bike has.

You'll love it I'm sure! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I actually prefer the black coffee colour scheme - something a bit different for sure. The 2019 updates aren't really essential, but a nice refinement. I'm hoping it'll be the kind of bike you just want to go out for a short blast in. I had a KTM Duke 390 some years back, and that was a hoot, but 800cc is the sweet spot.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 54:thinkingface:...............reasons to leave your lover;):upyeah:

5. Exactly, you have the right attitude there. As a not-taking-itself-too-seriously bike the Scrambler is a blast. I'll confess to a little Cafe Racer envy. Love mine but the CR is cool with the lower bars and different attitude. :)

6. Picked up bike yesterday and went out for my first ride today - lovely!

[​IMG]

Initial thoughts were how comfortable it felt, and how compliant the suspension was. Steering was weightier than I was expecting, but the handling felt very secure. Can't wait until it's finished running in. Thoughts are turning towards aftermarket exhaust and maybe a new helmet that's better with the lower stance of a cafe racer.

Happy days!

• Like Like x 7
  7. I saw this at the NEC last year, it was the first scrambler i really liked.

8. (With tongue very slightly in cheek..). :bucktooth:

It’s not really a cafe racer is it though. Cafe racers are about short bursts of speed, racing between cafes. They have clip on bars, they have an arse up / head down stance and they are certainly are not meant to be comfortable.

Real cafe racers

:upyeah:

9. Indeed, the whole 'scrambler cafe racer' dual personality confusion has parallels with the SUV sector, where most are just ordinary hatchbacks on stilts, aren't remotely sporty and don't even come with 4WD, they're just joining the bandwagon. What Ducati have done is filled yet another niche with this variation and stuck with the Scrambler sub-brand regardless of the fact that the two styles are really chalk and cheese!

But, the changes they've made, according to to other reviewers, seem to have improved the feel and handling of the bike whilst still retaining the likeable Scrambler character. I was genuinely surprised at how well it soaked up bumps and rough tarmac, and how comfy the seat was.

Ironically, my other bike, despite also being 800cc, feels like 'too much bike' for a quick blast. The clip ons of the Cafe Racer really add to the fun and make every journey an occasion.

The running in process is a bit of a chore, but I can definitely see me getting out on a bike more frequently as a result - but I won't be growing a beard just yet!

10. Sounds like it’s going to be fun anyway. :cool:

Enjoy :upyeah::upyeah:

11. I wish more people would buy this model. Might be more interest in the Pazzo levers I have that only fit the 2019 model !

12. The cafe racer is a hoot of a bike to ride.........I’ve had a few “test rides” on one. Handling was brilliant and performance just right for the road.

The only downside I found was it has a tendency to cook your right leg in hot weather, going through town.

And when I say “cook” I really mean it.

13. i tried to talk my lil bro into buying the cafe racer but he liked the icon so bought one.. then he gave the icon to me... so i have a lil cafe envy.. i like the tweaks on the new one but definitely think it looked better in black.. not that it looks bad at all in the blue and silver...

14. Bit of a thread revival but @Cripes how are you finding the cafe racer now you’ve owned it for over a year (assuming you still have it)? I tried out a 2016 icon for size but didn’t really gel with it however this looks like it may offer a slightly different riding style and there’s currently a 0% finance deal on them just now :thinkingface:

15. you should get the icon and mod it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Well, on the few occasions I've ridden mine it's been one of the best bike experiences ever! Sadly, serious illness has robbed me of the ability to ride and drive now and I'm in the process of letting my cars and bikes go to good homes.

What I did find was that it was so much better with an open faced helmet and goggles. An absolute joy to get suitably togged up and go for a ride in the country. It is so easy to ride it almost rides itself!

The revised version wasn't my first choice as I prefer the colours of the older model, but it's grown on me, and the subtle refinements and specific cafe racer features really work well together. A very sweet handling and riding bike, but I would imagine a little bit too 'cool' for some - luckily you have choice.

The 0% deal is a cracker as well, then again the price is a little high...

Don't forget to update us how you get on.

• Love You Love You x 1
  18. My 2017 is still up for sale if anyone interested, complete with OO54 SCR numberplate for £7495 with 1000 dry miles and led indicators.
    6C7C4556-381B-4A2F-B79D-CD03E9429B11.jpeg 27C10370-DB36-4D3C-AFC0-46C597441B10.jpeg

19. Love this bike.....only reason I’m selling is an impending move to Oz

20. Thank you for taking the time to reply with your experiences. I’m sorry to hear that you aren’t able to ride or drive anymore :(

Do Not Sell My Personal Information