1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Hypermotard Mods

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Pard, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Yes its so easy to use, it does a firmware update first then prompts you to download your original map which is then stored on the app, then you get the map you want from the store and just upload it onto the bike. Its fool proof really.

2. Excellent! Might have to look into this over winter. Does it make the off idle throttle response sharper? I feel that is is fairly soft on the stock set up....

3. Yes for sure, and the revs dont drop to almost stalling after you chop the throttle. The idle is really strong now. It used to sound like it was close to stalling. I can power wheelie in 3rd now without having to give it a big tug on the bars and its super smooth around town.

4. Excellent!!

5. Just picked up my 950 today :cool:.. Have some SC cans on order and the Arrow link pipe.. Have read through the posts couple of times but for those that have done this already mind if I ask couple of things?

1. When fitting the link pipe did you remove the servo completely from under the seat also? Dude at the shop said I need to get something I plug in as it reads an error or something when I turn the ignition on. I assume that large square box on the exhaust is the cat?

2. With SC cans I note from various folks that to take the db killers out small bit of grinding is required if you want to put the DB killers back in do you have to drill and tap for a screw? My engineering skills are shit tbh...

I will get a Rexxer remap once the cans sorted but this is the only source I can find regarding the link pipe and cans so any advice greatly appreciated..

Thanks all

6. Arrow!

7. Or eBay

8. The arrow stockist doesn’t keep it in England so eBay from Italy it will be then : unamused:

9. 1. Better off having it re-mapped, fitting sc cans and removing cat really need the new map to make it run correctly. I got the Rexxer map installed the same time as removing the cat and fitting link pipe at my Ducati dealership. The large square box is the cat.
    2. You grind the two small welds out that then allows you to remove the circlip holding the baffles in. When you put the baffles in just put the circlip back in to hold them in.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yea, got mine from ebay, came from Italy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. @Hatrick Thanks for the info dude most helpful..

Got my cans today will ring chap tomorrow in Nottingham for Rexxer map price and book in... Ordered my link pipe from Ebay some dude in Italy also seemed the best option to me as I agree with you DB that english site looked ropey as fuck

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I bought mine from SC Racingshop in Italy via eBay :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Update on my T800 upmap, after blagging a free map from them i just installed the full system with db-killer removed map. Wow!!!! Bike is 100% perfect now. Really glad i went down this route. So to confirm, if you have arrow de-cat with standard pipes then the full termi system with db-killer removed map is the one to choose.

14. Good information Kevin....wonder what your mileage will be so please post. I regularly see 50 MPG when doing day rides, lol. This winter may see a de-cat pipe and a T800......hmmmmm. :)

15. I was getting repeatedly 180km to a tank but havnt done a test yet with the new map. I dont care either, its worth a drop in mpg all day long plus after a few hrs im always ready to pull over for a break/refuel Ive also dropped 1t on the front sprocket which i can also thoroughly recommend

16. Yeah thats a good point and it would not stop me from doing either...just curious, haha. I just have to find someone who has the T800 for my 950 on this side of the Pond, hehe.

17. Nearly completed installing/modifying my Tail Tidy, just shortening the wiring loom now and then fitting my Rizoma indicators. HVf9YhqmRMC6wF4b8ws7Og.jpg ZwghSv8ZQDiOfKhw4KkXOA.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. @Hatrick That tail tidy looks the bollocks dude.. did you make it yourself or mod one that you bought?

19. Thanks - yea, I'm really pleased with the end result. Will put up some more pictures when I have fitted the bracket with the indicators. Not happy with any of the tail tidy's out there - they all hide the exhausts, so decided to buy this one and do some modifications. I removed the top two parts of the 'cross' (the bits with the 12 counter sunk holes)and mounted the number plate on just the lower half, this meant the plate would be below the exhausts. The supplied indicator bracket is supposed to go at the top, above the exhausts but doesn't fit so this is being mounted 2/3's of the way down the number plate - pictures to follow. The supplied number plate light didn't mount properly either so found a new old stock one on ebay from an older Hypermotard, think it should be ok once wired in. I'm in the process of shortening the stock tail loom as there isn't room for it all as its so much closer/shorter. So a fair bit of drilling, cutting, filing and counter sinking but I think I'm almost there! s-l1600.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. Finished my tail tidy today - very pleased with the result. Number plate below the exhausts although I did fit a sheet of Aluminium behind the number plate - just in case of heat. Rizoma indicators superb, very bright. Decided to change the number plate light for two round LED lights - much better. %YJ65+xcT8aV6%1tCcSffg.jpg JfgNbKTdTCas0pQXanRvQw.jpg

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information