1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Hypermotard Mods

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Pard, Feb 27, 2019.

1. I’ll find out when I ride it ;)

2. Ridden it yet????

3. No, I’ve got the day off today and it’s pissing down... I don’t mind getting wet on the bike at all but for the quick couple of hour blast around the mendips that I had in mind it’s far from ideal :mad:

4. Typical!!! Does it tick over and rev ok tho? Any popping at all? My old ktm did not like having just the db killer removed. It would stall when you blipped the throttle and it backfired a lot. Im hoping this new ecu on the hyper can compensate enough for the de-cat. Im really happy with the fuelling as is so hoping its a good cheap option with out the need for a remap

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ridden it! The fuelling is mint, no issues at all :) The pipes changed colour a little as well so it looks a bit better....

5B4265EC-F4A9-4280-BE59-385F6A428B04.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Awesome!!!!! Ordering one now Is there a big difference in sound??

7. Slight dilemma now though, i cant unsee the austin racing pipes!!! Im wondering if it will sound better with stock pipes and decat or cat and austin pipes. I think the cat does most of the muffling so maybe its better with just decat

8. It’s a lot louder and it feels like it’s got a bit more grunt :)

I’m happy now until I see a full system that I like. The SC project S1 silencers are my favourite so far.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. What’s next :thinkingface:

10. I’m looking at SC Project also, but the SC1-M. Not sure exactly what the differences are between the two. I pick up my bike (950 SP) in April and haven’t even got to the first service mileage yet! .

11. Has anybody tried the BoosterPlug brefore? I will be fitting my decat pipe soon and although im confident the fuelling will be ok im thinking that a little bit extra fuel could make it even better. Its cheal to buy and the only downside i can see is having an ice warning every time i start the bike and the temp guage will read 20degees lower. I can live with that untill i can get a proper ecu flash.

12. As no ones replied I’ll say that I’m not a fan of the booster plug, I’ve built a lot of engines and too much fuel can be nearly as bad for an engine as too little, washing down bores and coking up valves, engine management has moved on and you can’t beat a proper map.

13. My 939 sp had a full Termignoni system with their racing upmap and I always stank of petrol when I got off it, the exhaust spat unburnt fuel and carbon on start up and generally ran rich. My 950 with a decat definitely fuels better than the 939 through the whole rev range and runs a lot smoother, probably due to cam profile and mapping rather than the exhaust, ride it with the decat before you do anything. :)

14. I’ve just ordered the arrows link pipe, hopping for the same results

15. Well i went for a 4hr ride the other night to the dealers and back to get my quickshifter fitted. It was a lot of straight roads cruising at constant speed. Im not sure if it was in my head but as i was getting home the
    Bike seemed to have leaned out. It was more jerky than usual and it was popping and backfiring a lot more than usual. I usually get a few little pops. So i just quickly fitted the boosterplug it was a 10 minute job. And went for a quick spin. It was amazing!!! So smooth off the throttle, less engine braking and a smooth deceleration when chopping the throttle. Throttle response was really crisp to. I fitted the decat last night and am going on a long ride today so im hoping it will stay the same. However one night next week i will he putting it on my mates dyno and getting a proper a/f readout. With the boosterplug on and off. Should solve the debate once and for all. Ill post a pic of the maps when im done

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. @Maplesyrup @kevin oflynn thanks for your inputs , will be pursuing the decat option , healtech servo removal and will aslo consider the booster plug.

my experience on the booster plug on my last bike was good too, definately smoothed out the scratchiness. I do find the 950 a tiny bit snatchy at slow speeds. But I think what you guys have done de-cat first then booster if its warranted. interested in your continued feedback

17. Id be interested to see the dyno results with and without the booster plug, let us know how you go.

I would say that the 939 and 950 are very different to ride, my 939 with an up map and full Termi system was lumpy as hell, back fired and popped loads and had patchy throttle response and fuelling at low revs. My 950 has very nice engine characteristic and fuelling in comparison

• Like Like x 1
  18. Did 400km on the bike yesterday with decat and booster plug. Im still smiling The bike is perfect. Still getting a little backfire on decel sometimes but its hardly noticeable. Throttle response is instant and the its just crazy in the top end. It breathes a lot better. Tick over is also a bit more stable with the booster plug. I played around a lot with my old ktm 690 with tuneecu and eventually went with the rapidbike so i no what a properly fuelled bike should feel like and i just cant see this bike being much better. Id say its 95% there. And for the cost of the booster plug you just cant argue. The sound is also perfect. I did a fly by for a few mates and they said it sounds really good. Ill definitely be sticking with the stock pipes. I honestly cant recommend the boosterplug enough. Dyno results coming soon

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information