1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Hypermotard Mods

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Pard, Feb 27, 2019.

1. I ask to Austin racing a few questions for the exhaust.

Full titanium, the exhaust uses springs (not one piece like Superduke 1290 exhaust in they Instagram)

Not map included, 97-100Db in slip on mode. (db killers in/out)
    100-103db with de-cat.

I don't know what i gonna do, but if i pay 1500€ i want performance and sound, and i don't want avoid the warranty.

Seems termignoni the better option, full line 2k in ducati. But why don't make a dual exhaust under the seat :(

ARRRRRRRRG!!!!

2. I heard that Akropovic is bring out and exhaust for the 950HYD ?? Think I read it in here? There are SC project exhaust under seat but only end cans

3. Ok, just had the dyno run. Blue line is with boosterplug connected, red is without. To my surprise it doesnt make much difference on the graph but im 100% sure its smoother with the boosterplug connected. Ill be trying it on and off over the next week to make sure my mind isn’t playing tricks on me. It creates a bit more power without the booster plug which the dyno guy said is also the case on the duke 790. The AFR readings look all over the place up to 6000rpm which he said is the closed loop doing its thing. After that they level out right on the money and tail off just at the end.Most importantly for me though is the readings are totally safe and well within BB7EC316-B9AF-4408-B08D-B726CF6CF74D.png 9E6747EE-A6D0-40EF-AC19-FE1317172D98.png limits. So the de-cat with standard pipes with or without boosterplug is a go

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thanks for the update @kevin oflynn . Arrow de-cat on order - but got to wait 3 weeks :scream:.
    Booster plug should be here Thursday.
    Generally the 950 is awesome. When ragging it its brilliant - but trickling round town I find it a bit choppy on/off the throttle so will try the boosterplug and see what it does.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for posting the dyno results :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Is the torque in ft/lbs or Nm

7. 94nm of torque at the back wheel
    its NM

8. Sorry, posted at the same time!
    94nm = Something near 69ft lbs I believe.

9. A bit less than the 1100evo but in the ball park. Enjoy...

10. So, lets talk steering dampers. I want want just for the sake of it, however i dont feel i need one. 2500km now. Loads of wheelies and not had one head shake. Why do some people swear by them and some not. Im wondering if it’s inevitable that sooner or later ill have a big tank slapper and be glad it was there.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have the ohlins and i'm happy with it, i use it the 70% of the time in the highway, at high speeds works great (+160km/h).
    It works fine when i leave a corner with full gas.

Regars

12. opPJB9U4QfafuwE6BSkDWQ.jpg XZo%s2G1RyaZ9Nwl3lRXPQ.jpg My SC Project pipes arrived today - first thing I did was to grind out the welds holding the baffles in, a bit tricky but not too bad. Fitted the pipes and went for a quick ride - far too loud, unbelievably loud! Went home and fitted the baffles back in, still very loud, huge improvement on the stock pipes. Highly recommend.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I love the pipes but have an evotech tail tidy that looks like it would hide them from the rear
    Your rear hugger looks great as well.

14. Thanks. Yea, I'm still waiting on a Tail Tidy, the Evotech is a definite no as it just spoils the look, someone will come up with a better alternative. The rear hugger was a do it yourself job - think it came up quite well!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Evotech was a temporary option till something else came along cos I hate the giant no plate hanger - if/when it does I’ll change it and get same SC silencers

16. Good thinking. I've just ordered the Arrow link pipe then its going straight to my local dealer for a Rexxer Re-Map - should then be just how I want it.

17. Are they definitely able to map the hyper 950 yet? I see a guy on youtube has the rexxer user and did it himself but not sure the dealers in the uk can do it yet. He got it from rexxer italy.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information