1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Hypermotard Tire Calibration

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Pard, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Has anyone been able to get this process to complete?

I have new tires on the bike, Dunlop Q3+ same size as OEM 120/70 and 180/55, so I figured I would go through the tire calibration procedure in the settings menu.

Could not get it to take.

Select settings menu > tire calibration > start

Maintain 30-32 mph in 2nd gear for at least 5 seconds.

Tried several times and got a "failed" each time.

It remains in default setting which I suppose is fine, but I have no idea why I cannot successfully get the calibration done.

Repeated attempts to calibrate the tire as per manual instructions, 2nd gear between 30-32 MPH for 5 seconds, fail. Select the start, get the flashing ready signal, stabilize speed in 2nd gear between 30-32 mph, get the in progress signal and then invariably, a fail.

2. This was fixed with a firmware update at the dealer.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I replaced the Rosso 3 with MT60 after the first 1,000km. Right now, the MT60 has about 10% of life left but I always forget to calibrate the tire. How efffective is the calibration?

4. Good question. I just assumed if it works, it works. I could not tell the difference between calibrated and not when using a 180/60 rear tire, so the calibration is too subtle a deal for my body dyno.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I think it’s to tie the traction control, slide control etc into the ECU. As my V4S is a track only bike, I always calibrate the tyres. But it’s harder than you think holding the throttle bang on 30-32 mph :D

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information