1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 S1000rr Dyno.... Ooooft!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Mary Hinge, May 11, 2019.

1. Sounds like they've left a lot of folk hanging. @carson been told September.... :(

2. Any cash is hanging on for a Pani gen 2 as a keeper. And I’ll probably have a GS instead of the R for the road.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I’m out on the new RSV4 for a test ride tomorrow. I’m pissed off with BMW now. If I’m going to have to wait until October for the RR I’d be better cancelling it and buying one next summer.
    Promised me a S1000R loan bike until my new bike was ready then they obviously couldn’t get it back off the guy who has it at the minute so tried to fob me off with the XR or GS. When I didn’t want that they told me that bmw would discount the bike by a further £500. I reluctantly agreed only to be told that they’ve misunderstood and that the £500 is a credit to spend on accessories at the dealership. Not much compensation for missing a whole summer without a bike of you ask me.

If I don’t get the RR by July like I was told initially then I’ve told them that I’ll be looking at other options, hence the test ride on the V4S last week and the RSV4 tomorrow.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. Unless desperate, bin it off and buy next year. Let someone else have the new model teething issues. Sure, it won’t be as bad as Ducatis customer-testing debacle ;) but bound to be a few that will be fixed after yr 1

#24 bradders, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Thing is there doesn’t seem to be anything else out there that I want instead. See how the RSV4 is tomorrow but it’s not the best looking bike is it.

6. Fascinating

7. Looks a fuck sight better than the beemer IMO.

8. Get the V4S @carson from Ducati Glasgow. As bradders says you can always chop it in for the beemer when they've sorted out the post release gremlins.

And to be fair, all the V4 recalls were just nicky nack shit, it's not like they've been throwing rods. I found it totally painless (but mine ain't no daily- which would be a different story). Then you'll have a mint bike for the summer :upyeah: Plus a Ducati's infinitely cooler than a BMW ;)

And btw- GET TO THE CHOPPER..... DO IT NOW!!! One week to go :p

• Like Like x 1
  9. I just didn’t feel it with the V4S - maybe it’s because I don’t want to. Can’t fault it at all, just don’t get the feeling that I need to have it and I think that’s coming from the hype surrounding the beemer.

10. I get you. I'm the same with the beemer- leaves me cold. Looks Jap, sounds Jap, and every Joe in a pit garage has one.... Certainly a potent, rider friendly weapon though that goes like feck! :):upyeah:

11. If I had my way and SWMBO was a little more understanding I would have BOTH. Women!

12. Yip I can relate to that as well but seems like every man and their dog has a V4S at the minute too. Again that wouldn’t bother me. The exhaust is a real issue with me on the V4S...I’m fucked if I’m paying £4K to change it. Can’t help but feel a bit ripped off about that. There’s not many around like yours that’s for sure mate.
    I don’t see any faults apart from supply tiles with the beemer. What’s it not got and if it makes me a second quicker on track it’ll be money well spent

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. :neutral:

Tight arse...

14. R1M

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Nice looking bike. Sound nice too :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  16. and then you are limted to either Eu track days or noisy Donni.
    A packed can where the cat was and slightly longer end can should provide good flow and 101dB.

17. B188699A-C630-4527-9FBA-10200F224E02.jpeg F56C7B78-E626-45EA-B5FE-50113B678A46.jpeg R1M was my first choice of new bike until I seen the beemer but it’s 5 years old now and due a revamp next year.

Just been out on the new RSV4 and what a bike. Best sounding bike I’ve heard. I’d have one over the V4S although the gearbox on the V4S is smoother. I couldn’t fault the Ape at all. Not as mental fast as the V4S but still rapid.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Very nice. I’m sorely tempted to add one to the garage next year. Might pass by Jim Allan motorcycles tomorrow to have a look while the corse is getting serviced.

• Like Like x 1
  19. That’s who I had the test ride with today

20. Did it feel small, Rob?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information