1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 S1000rr Dyno.... Ooooft!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Mary Hinge, May 11, 2019.

1. Not particularly, I felt quite high up on it though. The pegs don’t feel as high as the pegs on the V4S.

There’s no electronic suspension, I don’t know if that’s a plus or a minus. I certainly couldn’t fault it in the short time I had it

2. The gearbox on the Aprilia isn’t as smooth as the Ducati, I’ll say that

3. Damn that’s ugly ! Lot of talk about which bike next from the guys in my garage at Almeria last week. There was an HP2, a GSXR 600 with a 750 engine, an anniversary Fireblade and a 2 or 3 year old S1000RR. No votes for the R1M or V4 and split between the new Aprillia RSV4 Factory and BMW S1000RR. I’m absolutely in love with my V4, without doubt the best bike I’ve ever ridden. Still way more capable than me but was pleased when 2 instructors said I was riding better than they had seen me ride over the last 3 years. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  4. 1888B550-762B-4838-8818-001367E3F3DF.jpeg This is going to be worth the wait!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. My local dealer has launch day next Saturday. I will be going ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. I’m back at work on Wednesday so going to miss the launch. Gutted.

7. Forgot your Cuban heels :laughing:

Nice colour scheme but otherwise uninspiring. It'll go like the fekin clappers though- which is good :):upyeah:

8. It’s the best looking sportsbike of 2019 for me mate. I’m well impressed, much better looking than both the V4 Ducati and RSV4.
    Gave me that feeling of wanting it when I seen it, something that both the Ducati and Aprilia didn’t do for me, even after riding them.

Pays your money takes your chances

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Long as it’s no taller than the current s1000r, it will be fine ;)

10. I think it's certainly the bike to have if lap times are the be all and end all. Certainly a potent machine and BMW have raised the bar again. I see Peter Hickman won the Superstock race on it at the NW200. Always a good guide to 'off the shelf' bikes.

Just looks too gixxer/zx10 to me. I like bikes that break down a bit. And look/sound cool :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Unless you are Chiz's twin brother :D, that did surprise me was that you were on tippee toes. Most of the hyper bikes seem to be race based and built for midgets

12. But all are tall

13. I really want to like the Aprilia but it looks as though it were styled by someone permanently stuck in the 90’s. Also, what’s the deal with the passenger pegs? Are they to give someone a lift back to the future?

14. Looks tall in the seat

15. I’ve ordered the M sport with the single seat unit and no pillion pegs.

I’m only a 29” inside leg so I’ll struggle almost anything. Nearly dropped the R1M when I rode it, that was mega tall

• Like Like x 1
  16. I couldn’t fault the V4S or the RSV4 for the record

• Like Like x 1
  17. I will stick with my 1098R.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nowt wrong with them! :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. R1's are 855mm that is only 5mm shorter than a KTM Super Adventure S.
    BMW seems to be 824mm I am little bit concerned with legroom, I mean seat to footpeg distance.

#59 alexko, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Test ride on the S1000RR today. Man, it’s deceptively quick. It does not feel as fast low down to me as the V4 but that’s probably because I was being lazy with the gears. It pulls from 30 mph in 5th with not a trace of snatchiness. Just power. Very, very impressed. Had the thing out for 1 1/2 hours and the only slightly annoying thing was finding neutral at standstill. I never managed to do this and gave up as didn’t want to look like an idiot at lights etc.
    To me it feels smaller than the V4 on the move and very slightly lower in the seat (29” inside leg).
    I am seriously tempted for next bike.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information