1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 2020 1200s Or 2018 1200r?

Discussion in 'Monster' started by tcrofty7, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Jules Cluzel was notorious at killing gearboxes with aggressive gear changes!!

2. I must admit that the red 'R' is floating my boat at the minute. Just need to find a young low mileage example i can buy!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I managed to find a 2019 plate with 1400 miles on.Looked at a few others before finding but it was well worth the wait.
    Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I think once you get used to it the performance is addictive and it's difficult to just cruise about. I can't resist it....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I'm now the proud owner of a 2019 Monster 1200R in red with 1700k, full Termi system and lashings of Evotech products.

Thanks for the advice, it's very much appreciated. Should be collecting it in a couple of weeks.

Now i need to find the courage to tell the wife :confused:

• Like Like x 7
  6. That sounds exactly like mine.
    Better go and check it's still in the garage.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. You won't regret it , it is a epic bike and even after two years, once i open the workshop door it gets the adrenaline going .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Can't wait to get it. I'll have a couple of sexy Italian beauties in my garage to drool over.

9. yeah... good luck with that plan... the 12R is probably the easiest bike I’ve ridden in 30 odd years to ride too bloody quickly, it positively encourages speed and bad behaviour... marvellous fun!

that said, the rate of tyre consumption when ridden hard may slow you down, SuperCorsas are epically grippy but don’t last long.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Personally, if I had an RSV4, I would pair it up with a Multistrada 1260 S or Pikes Peak.
    Don't misunderstand me. The Monster 1200R is fantastic but you'll get more versatility and winter riding time (comfortably) with a Multi.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not my style mate tbh. I'm not in to touring, just fancied something different.

12. Touring! Hell No. LOL
    The Pikes Peak is a racebike in disguise.

In fact, we see quite a few Multistrada's on the track.

Monster and Multi.jpeg

Of course, we all must go to the bikes that speak to us. I get that.

#32 DarR, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  13. Meh! As I said not my cup of tea! I'm also knee high to a grasshopper so would need ladders to get on it :joy::joy::joy:

14. Meh! As I said not my cup of tea!
    I totally get that. The bike must speak to you. The Monster 1200R speaks loud and clear.

I'm also knee high to a grasshopper so would need ladders to get on it :joy::joy::joy:
    As an aside, the Multi's height is a myth.
    My Pikes Peak with the seat at its lower settings is lower than my Monster 1200R (which is tall btw).
    I'm 5'8" w/ 30" in-seam. I can easily flat-foot it but not the Monster.

#34 DarR, Jan 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Wow. I would have never of guessed that.

I thought they suited taller riders like the BMW GS.

#35 tcrofty7, Jan 21, 2021
  16. I was surprised as well.
    It's very deceiving as you're sitting in-the-bike as opposed to on-the-bike.
    Moreover, the Multistrada forks have more travel, and the seat is softer and compress more.
    Then there's the actual seat height:
    Multistrada 1260, 825 mm - 845 mm (32.5 in - 33.3 in).
    Monster 1200R, 830 mm - 843 mm* (32,7 in - 33,2* in) *for the comfort seat.

Sorry guys for momentarily hijacking the thread. Hopefully back to our scheduled program.

#36 DarR, Jan 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  17. I think the RSV is 851mm which is just manageable but I have to be careful!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Seat height really is only part of the story. I am lucky at 6foot, but, the shape and width of the seat has a fairly dramatic effect on getting feet down to terra firma! Never go just off the numbers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. that said, the rate of tyre consumption when ridden hard may slow you down, SuperCorsas are epically grippy but don’t last long.[/QUOTE]

As for tyres ,i am now using Michelin power RS and i am finding them superb ,very fast warm up ,and tip in really quickly and total confidence through the bends .

• Like Like x 1
  20. 20210507_124247.jpg

• Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information