1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Forum Germany Trip 09-14 April

Discussion in 'Touring' started by bradders, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Still 12 on the group, Dave is admin.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Hotel booked as above
    That covers @J biker and I
    12:20 Eurotunnel booked

#44 Andy800, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I think I'll probably join you.
    Given I have a 4.5 - 5 hour ride to get there, the 10:50 departure with @bradders and @Pete1950 is a bit early for me!

4. The one I booked was the earliest available.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Have the earlier slots all gone?? I may book the later one too then, as it’s only 3hrs for me...

6. Calais to Cochem is about 300 miles, by the way, so leave enough time to get there on 8 April.

7. I have now booked into the hotel arrive 8/4 depart 13/4, so 5 nights.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Screenshot 2020-01-06 at 11.22.50.png

9. Hi All

Have booked a hotel in Cochem, not Nos as full up I gather, will book tunnel later, but prob go earlier than you lot, it is weather dependant for me though, it can snow that early around there.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Weather dependant for me too. Got close to 800 miles to get there, so snow would be a show stopper for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. You won’t be alone.

12. I have also provisionally booked the hotel, can always cancel if I can't make it.. I will travel with Brett, we normally get an 8.30-9ish train.

#54 7ony, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I’m not on a bike with no fairing so cruise will be set at 100mph ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. TBH you have to be really careful in France now days, far more cameras very tight tolerances, stupid speed limits on motorways from tunnel etc. and you will get a notice in post.

15. did see quite a few in France that had been set on fire at some point, seems they are as popular as they are here :scream:

16. @Dave Have you touched base with Tim?

17. There seems to be earlier slots than 12:20 available.

[​IMG]

Calais to Cochem is about 6-7 hours with stops if I remember correctly.

I think on balance I’ll set off from home on Tues evening 7th and stop overnight at Fleet Premier Inn so that I only have a couple of hours ride to the Eurotunnel on the morning of Wed 8th. That way I can get an earlier train and not arrive in Cochem dead late in the evening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yes, I’ve told him about this trip. He said he would take a look at this thread.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information