1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Forum Germany Trip 09-14 April

Discussion in 'Touring' started by bradders, Dec 23, 2019.

1. When I used to travel to Catterick regularly on business, I stayed either in Croft or in Richmond. I would take a variety of routes back home through the Yorkshire Dales, etc. Good times.

Still tempted to take a look at some parts of Wales which I have never seen (or not for 30 years) though.

2. The way it's developing, by four weeks time it will be extremely ill-advised (and maybe legally banned) to undertake any unnecessary travel even within England if it involves meeting people, staying in hotels, eating in restaurants, etc.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Today we should have been in Cochem on our Germany trip, enjoying rides around the superb roads and beautiful views of the Moselle and the Rhine. Or failing that, more modest rides around Wales or the Peak District.

Instead we are all stuck at home in lockdown, hoping to avoid infecting or being infected by others with this horrible disease. Maybe we'll see better times in 2021, eh?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. I received a message of Easter Greetings from the Noss today, which reminded me what we are missing.
    Then again, it could be worse.
    A lot worse.

5. Turns out 26 June is too soon, so I have now pushed my Eurotunnel booking back to 21 August again at a cost of NIL. Still have no idea if it will be feasible to go anywhere by August, but we live in hopes.

6. I shall be on the ferry heading home within the next few weeks with a bit of luck, perhaps see you down there again Pete1950.

7. Time for someone to organise a new trip!!!??? ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information