1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 44 Teeth Superbike Shootout - Isle Of Man

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by LiveFast......, Oct 25, 2021.

1. I've just got back from jerez, and a mate of mine on a really trick r1 couldn't believe how quick my gixer was. He was lapping a couple of seconds a lap quicker than me but if I was in front, he really struggled to get past. As for brakes ,I have hel master,lines,and calipers with gpfax pads, standard discs. Massive improvement. The calipers were a bargain at £400 with a set of gpfax pads

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. discs are okay. Mc and calipers are crap mate

Electronics aren’t too bad if you get them mapped properly. But not as good as the cutting edge bikes

3. GP4RX for Advikaz and some RCS. Job Jobbed. You know, I may just get a gixxer. Use the money I save on calipers and MC. Hmmmm....

Ive always loved gixxers, ive had a few.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Im no lanky but even I felt like my knees were by my ears on mateys RSV. What a noise though.

5. I might be selling mine if anyone is interested.

Taking some time out

6. na brakes are shite :D:D

• Funny Funny x 8
  7. I agree it's tall. I'm 5' 6", and the RSV is just over what I am comfortable with in terms of seat height, though I didn't notice it being cramped once I was moving.

It's actually a combination of seat height and width. A V2 and a V4 are both 830 mm, but the V2 is much narrower, so my legs can go straight down and I can touch the floor, the V4 is wider, and it's a bit precarious.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Has it ever been used on track days :).

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I'm 6ft (as you can see in my Avatar pic I don't really fit on my MV) and normally don't have to worry about feet down on any bike, I rode the RSV4 and nearly dropped it because I got caught out with how wide it is across the front of the seat, meaning I needed to shift my weight a little, wouldn't be a problem now I know but I can see why some struggle with it, it's a small bike otherwise though

10. Re the tyres, have a look at Emma Franklin’s ‘busa track day article in this weeks MCN. She’s ditches the S22s (OEM) and puts Pirelli’s on……

11. Ah, but OEM isn't the same thing, that's another kettle of fish entirely!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Quite enjoyed the video, but please reign in the trying to be funny, it gets a bit tiresome.

13. Bit subjective that mate

i find them pretty amusing. Can’t please everyone though

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Maybe he's a good bloke, but the shit eating toothy grin of Chris Northover on Bike World is really f***ing annoying. I'd much rather watch the watch 44t guys.

15. Is it the same 44 Teeth without the Baron ?

I don't think the 44 Teeth 'brand' would have made it this far without him. I think his involvement is essential to its creativity and standard of output. Maybe I am wrong.

Good show though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Baron is still involved… he said on the chasing the racing podcast that he couldn’t go because of some political requirements… I believe it’s probably related to the fact he refuses to get vaccinated. He said on the AP workshops vid that he isn’t vacinated. Each to their own but I guess that’s why he wasn’t allowed over there and hasn’t been abroad

• Like Like x 1
  17. That is interesting, good to know he is still involved. Just had a quick look and the team are getting measured up for new leathers - they can even make that an entertaining and amusing vid !

18. Hmm, did anyone notice that bird with the big pointy tits?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2

19. They’re not oem

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. You're mad. Nowt wrong with Northover. The lad can ride a bike too...

• Agree Agree x 6
Do Not Sell My Personal Information