1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 2021 Multistrada V4 (post Info) Buying Survey

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by DarR, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Funny how the Ducati MotoGP bike doesn’t have a single sided swing arm? Strange when it’s so good (according to peeps here)?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. What's Italian for "road"?

3. Sterrata Screenshot from 2020-11-22 17:45:15.png

#43 DarR, Nov 22, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  4. Funny how no GP bike runs a 19” front, 170 rear or weighs more than the previous model on release.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dunno. But I think Ducati for Multistrada v4 is “wedowhatwefuckingwanta”

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. So the new model should be called the Multisterrata, and there’d be room in the range for a Multistrada!

7. Function over form. It’s a touch that I prefer form over function. Plus I like the ease of having the eccentric for chain adjustments

• Like Like x 2
  8. I haven’t really been interested in all the specs. Does it have a 170 rear too?!

9. Sure does Bradders , it also has a short first gear to help with all the offroading you will be doing and increased ride height :astonished:

#49 GaryO, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    • WTF WTF x 1
  10. Are you actually trying to compare the Multistrada with a MotoGP bike?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Unless I’ve lost the plot, the whole Multistrada range, the 950, 950s, 1260 Enduro and the V4 all share the same wheel and tyre combination, 19” front wheel and 170 section rear tyre on an a 17”/4.5” wheel. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Think that was in reply to twin4me comment :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. wow. Seems a bit backward. Although cheaper parts etc

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ha! Perhaps. I noticed you ride a 1260S Grand Tour thus you're not ready for an update quite yet. I just feel bad for those 2010~14 that would be looking a newer iteration. Ducati has a void to fill for sure. At this point, having put the Multistrada line-up squarely in the ADV camp, It would probably be best to launch a SuperSport V4 which I expected but didn’t happen. What a mess. Champagne corks must be flying at BMW XR's and KTM GT's sale's meeting just about now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. New to Ducati but managed to grab the last new multi 1260 last week, so in the same club as you guys...Don't like the v4 so feel lucky....

• Like Like x 4
  16. Well if you ever needed proof Rubydog above has just provided it. Rather than buy the new Ducati V4Multi he’s bought something else. Fortunately for Ducati and the dealership it’s another Ducati but as he said...
    he got the last one. Then what.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I suspect it will be sold baed on two things: a test ride that shows it’s much better than the 1260 and/or good pcp deals with exaggerated balloon payments

18. At least the current owners that don't like the V4 can take stock and think they have one of the last great multis!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I think we're missing the point here. It's not whether the MTS V4 will be good or not.
    I would be very surprised at the latter.
    The point is that it no longer has the features that made it the sportbike it used to be.
    Adding insult to injury, Ducati has not yet produced an alternative bike although there is hearsay that a real sport version with 17" wheels is in the works. We'll see.
    Personally, I'd rather they moved-on and offer a V4 SuperSport. That being the case, I trust they'd make it a thriller.
    Take the StreetFighter, add a fairing and a rear sub-frame to accommodate panniers and call it a day.

#59 DarR, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. The Multi must have been one of their big sellers and profit centres... sure they probably make more Profit on a Pani V4 - but how many do they sell... they may make more Scramblers... but how much money per bike do they make?

I guess the Multi was in the middle of the Venn Diagram of Sales and Profit - so one of the cash cows for Ducati.... they get that wrong and their business model quickly goes upside down.

So I would expect that if Sales to customers do not go well - they will quickly do something to change it...

As was said they probably will be a good bike... but you don't buy a Ducati just because its a Good Bike - you buy it because its a Ducati and you love it.... does not seem much love for this one at the moment. Honda are Good Bikes... Cheaper... Look Similar...

Someone mentioned possibly improving Sales by giving high residuals and low Monthly Payments... but the residuals are not set by Ducati - they are set by actuaries in the Finance Companies... because its them that have to deal with profit / loss at the end of the PCP if bikes are handed back..

Also - still no Finance numbers up on Ducati site for any of the New Models - because Blackhorse are still working on it.

When the 1100 Scrambler came out - figures were available quickly.. but Black Horse got them wrong.

18 months into my 3 year PCP on the 1100 and it was already worth less on a PX than the final hand in value.

With 7 months left on the PCP - I enquired about value against the New Multi and I was £1000 worse off than the GFV figure... with only £400 left (£60/month).. it was cheaper for me to keep bike in the garage... even taking into account I have to service and MOT it before giving it back... than doing PX.

So I think the finance companies will be very cautious going forward not to get stuck with negative equity on bikes and cars... too much world uncertainty...

So I do not see the Finance PCP situation help Ducati much without the Love...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information