1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 2021 Multistrada V4 (post Info) Buying Survey

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by DarR, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Well I just put a deposit down ......... on a 2021 KTM Super Duke GT :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I did the same two weeks ago, took the deal on a sorted V2 1260S with 17” wheels, 190 rear, and SSSA over waiting for the new bike. If I had been seriously considering a GS, I’m sure I would have been far more interested in the V4, but I was cross shopping the XR/SDGT, not the GS/SDAR.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looks like we both had a good deal then.....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Couldn’t you find a 1260 Pikes Peak or any other MTS 1260 is your vicinity?
    Honestly, the MTS 1260 Pikes Peak is the best bike I've ever owned....and not just by a little bit.

#64 DarR, Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  5. My mates got the pike and its on a different level compared to the Duke!!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. The thing is, if Ducati sell just 12% of what BMW sell they’ll consider it a success. The GS is so common now there’s probably 12% who’d like to try something slightly different, similar but different.

It doesn’t matter what you or I want or think.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Which is a real shame, as these big companies get run by accountants, with absolutely no passion for the brand, or the loyal customer base. It’s all about PROFIT.

8. Non profitable companies don't survive for long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I've got a 2016 1200S Pikes Peak, fully tricked up and sorted suspension wise , I feel a 1260 is 'more of the same' and very expensive even second hand. I was very impressed by the SDGT as it had character and put a grin on my face plus all the same kit and whizbangs as the Ducati. The 2021 model is based on the new SDR.

The Ducati dealership up here in Scotland has gone into receivership so I won't be buying another Ducati as I can't even get my 1098R serviced without shipping it to England. A few people I know have also pulled their deposits in case they don't get their bike.

#69 GaryO, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Hi, is that the dealership at Glasgow, I got my 1260S from there??

11. Yes, it is. Only time will tell if the receivers can sell the business as a going concern. Andy

12. @GaryO
    What you wrote about the new SDGT is useful.
    Not having a dealer in the vicinity is reason enough.
    On that note, it's also why I don't have a Tuono. That and the availability of parts in a timely manner.
    Same goes for an MVA even if I could afford one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Oh they do. ;)

But we’re talking about a large company upsetting a loyal customer base, all in the name of chasing extra profit.

14. Loyal or profitable customers? And yeah, I know you can have both.

I think we know Audi’s choice.

15. 1ED885D7-6C0B-4EAF-9043-E4C46674E4F0.jpeg
    Perhaps they should read this?

16. This thread has turned into a real anti Ducati clusterfuck, all based on zero understanding of the industry.
    :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. We are the industry... :bucktooth:
    No us = no sales. :thinkingface:
    I truly believe that at some point they will release a road biased v4, more bhp, 17” front, 190 rear, lighter and sporty handling...... you know...... what most current owners want. :upyeah:
    Well they’d be fairly dumb not too, it’s their heritage, not chasing Ewan & Charlie wannabes. o_O

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. I’m new to the brand, and am very impressed with my bike. In fact, I’d go so far as to say it’s the best bike I’ve owned. No hate for the brand here, just want to see them succeed with this new model.

• Like Like x 2
  19. 2021, when they have cleared all the old 1260 stock :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. If people want niche bikes they need to be looking at Royal Enfield, Herald etc.

The world has changed. Making bikes for a small market doesn't pay for Motogp factory teams.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information