1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 8 Day Euro Trip Booked :)

Discussion in 'Touring' started by MrACD, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Me and my brother are off on an 8 day ride across some of Europe - everything booked apart from 2 nights. Can't wait. Got some long days in there but will be worth it. Glad I have cruise control :motorcycleduc:

I'm on my 1200s DVT Touring and he's on his Kwak ZZR1400 with full luggage.

Birmingham > Folkstone (euro tunnel) > Calais > Dijon > Interlaken > Stuttgart > Adenau > Ypres > Calais > Back home!

Got 3 days in the Swiss Alps so can't wait for that!

Had to twist the missus arm to let me go but even that's sorted now :joy:

8 months to prep.........

• Like Like x 9
  2. You are going to have so much fun, the Multi is cracking on the Alpine bends. We did one week stays out of Chatel two years running and didn't find a road we didn't like.

Are you going to try and hit the Grimsel and Susten passes from Interlaken :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Have a great trip, nothing quite like getting away on the bike, especially into Europe. Even more so now that its been hard to impossible to do it for a while.

4. Yep very envious, my bro and I used to go every year but he now saves his time and money on skiing which I totally get. Used to be 4 of us go but no it is just Billy no mates

5. Yeah going to do as many passes as we can, got some long days in the Alps planned!

I've been to the Alps once before, on an '05 VFR800 Vtec so imagine this Multi will be loads better. I don't plan to hammer round though, saw someone in a car when I was there that went over the edge and the air ambulance were loading them onto the heli........ covered over........ :skull: - not good.

6. Yeah it gets like that, we went across Europe in 2013 and planned to do it at least once a year maybe 2. 9 years later....

7. This is where we are staying in Switzerland -

[​IMG]

8. Also, the projected route -

upload_2021-11-4_9-34-20.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm sure you'll have a terrific time on your trip. Beware though, of the far too enthusiastic Swiss police, whom seem to have a constant desire to target motorcycles. They must be on a bonus arrangement!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Also be aware that, IIRC, some passes have noise limits. Apparently the Multistrada is in excess of these. Maybe this was Austria... either there or Switzerland.

Took my now ex wife out for a suprise meal in early 2010. She was so overcome by this gesture that over desert she rashly suggested that me and my best mate should maybe go away on the bikes. She made the mistake of not being specific, she just meant a weekend in Wales but I didn't ask. By dawn the next morning best mate and I had a firm plan for a 2 week tour down the Route des Grand Alps to Nice, Route Napoleon, Mt Ventoux and the Cevennes. Not wanting to drop the ball on this opportunity we've kept it going ever since with at least one trip per year. In 2019, post divorce, I managed 3. Has been something of a famine since though. 2 planned for next year to compensate

• Like Like x 2
  11. I did a similar but longer trip years ago to Mugello with the O/H on the back of a Multi, ended up looking at routes through Germany (have a look for the castle, wine, fairytale routes I used a combination of these to bulild a custom route), If you're staying in Stuttgart I would recommend the Porsche museum, there's also the Mercedes museum but I haven't been to that.

As for Switzerland, we stayed in Andermatt, and did a few passes including gotthards pass although there are plenty around there, Andermatt and Gotthards pass famously in Godfinger BTW, I fueled up at the petrol station in Andermatt where Bond stopped, there were some photos in the window there.

#12 Freak, Nov 4, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Correction, it was Austria (Multistrada 1260 gets a specific mention). Although Switzerland are quite noise averse, race exhausts are something of a liability with the police. Having said that myself and my 996 riding, with Termis fitted, touring buddy have passed through without issue.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The trip is rather boring.

I would avoid Swiss altogether.

Go to Munich, cross into Austrian Alps and there cross into Italy.

Much better scenery, less hassle on road, Swiss hate bikers and much better beer food and vino.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Cool. Done similar routes a few times. Be wary in Switzerland, they really take a dim view on noisy pipes and speeding, if caught can cost a packet. Even just a few kph over.
    Interlaken is well placed for several passes. If memory serves, Grimsel, Furka, Susten pass. Also if you have time, a visit to Piz Gloria (though more enjoyable if not excessively drunk from the night before!)
    https://www.myswitzerland.com/en/experiences/food-wine/restaurant/revolving-restaurant-piz-gloria/
    Looks like you could take in Rhine falls. Looks nice, but nowt flash at the town next to it for a place to stay. North from there you can head through Black Forest, B500 now fairly busy and regular speed traps, there are plenty other great roads. Also can stop for a photo next to a Titisee road sign, depending on how base your sense of humour is.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah I hear this alot, I bet it has changed since the last time I was there in 2013. I'd have got deported with some of the antics then! - I've grown up alot since......

16. Yeah I'll keep the speed to the limits, not worth the hassle!

That Piz Gloria looks good, will defo add that into the itinerary. Rhine falls could be on the way into Germany when we leave possibly.

I'll defo have a photo by the Titisee sign if we can! :)

17. I was the extremely lucky in 2017 on a 1290GT, had been well in triple figures and just backed off...kinda sixth sense job. Came around the corner and the Swiss had a speed trap. Just a couple miles from the German border near Rhine falls. Things could have been very, very expensive.

IMAG3478.jpg

IMAG3481.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sounds awesome.

8 months to pack some cocaine and stuff a prostitute on the back. Sorted.

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information