1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

250 Now On The Road

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by aceofhearts, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Nope, nuttin' :thinkingface:

2. Here :eyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. IT's appeared like magic :eek:

4. IMG_20200307_145013_zpsgjmrcyob.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. And here.

I think it has the Super Response Quarter too. :eyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Its a bit of a different riding experience to the 748

45bhp
    250cc
    4 cylinder, 16v
    20,000rpm limiter

• Like Like x 1
  7. Super Response Arse End :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. That yellow one is my CBR400 track bike :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. The yellow one :thinkingface::D

11. Any idea what its weighing in at

12. Around 150kg wet

13. Cool.
    Whats the spec on the track bike, looks a heap of fun that one

14. I got that last year as just a cheap track hack from ebay. Its an ex race bike so came with nice rearsets / clipons and lockwired everything. It has an Ohlins rear shock and standard damper forks with emulators. With tons of spares it was only just over a grand and is great fun for the money. The 400's are around 175kg and 60bhp.

The bodywork is off for painting at the moment (Castrol) and the carbs are getting a rebuild before this years track season starts. I am also debating going total loss ignition this year, as it will simplify the wiring a lot as well as remove around 5kg from the bike.

I never used to be a Honda fan, but after getting the 250 a couple of years back they have really grown on me.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Looks like a steal for the money. Would be great to see some pics when it’s been painted.
    I bet the 400 engine in that is bomb proof..
    I run a small CC ex race bike. So much fun. Just had a 550 engine fitted. Was running 450, really looking forward to getting out this season.
    It should be kicking out around 75+ BHP at under 120kgs.
    I opted for black paint and then went down the wrapping route, happy with the end result

16. I remember reading the Aprilia thread, it looks stunning and definitely would be at the top of my list if I ever had a bit more money to stump up for a track bike! I think small capacity and light weight is definitely the way forward :upyeah:

What tracks do you normally ride?

17. Not gonna lie it’s been a bit of a cash pit but I’ve enjoyed every pound spent. Proper unusual little thing.
    Cadwell is my preferred track but fancy trying a few others this season, Boise scrutiny can be a pain at times, it’s a louder than you’d think.
    I have a spare engine now so wondering how I could utilize it... Go Kart, RS250, ride on lawn mower...just for shits and giggles :joy:

• Like Like x 1
  18. nice one! i had one of them! maybe a little latter though, i cant remember but i do remember it red lined at 19k!!!!!! you could rev it to 21k though!!! rapid lil thing if ya rung its neck.. i recall one christmas doing 6th gear burnouts on it next to my mate doing the same on his harley.. (well 5th on that) His wife came out and went mental about the state of her driveway!

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information