1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

40 Years Since Thatcher

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by richgilb, May 6, 2019.

1. There is no whataboutery. All of those who died did not need to had Argentina not invaded the Falklands.

Perhaps you can explain when there are attacks against the U.K., one political group always seem to be more defensive of the attackers than those of their own armed forces who are attacked, because it seems to be the same party over and over again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Crap Crap x 1
  2. Thanks for the pictures... they are going right in the bank.

3. Interesting fact re the Belgrano - one of very few ships that survived Pearl Harbour...

1941, Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Commissioned into the U.S. Navy in 1938 as Phoenix, the warship had been struck and sold in 1951, renamed ARA General Belgrano and was the pride of the Argentine navy.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. bullshit.
    just answer the fookin question.

5. True and you loved Thatcher when you were a tory you turncoat :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Fuckin' hell...a Guardian Poll...seriously? LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. a poll based on what people think rather than what actually happened.
    and surprise surprise it shows us what a family of equals really means. it shows us that, as long as there is enough, and only a minority is required of "I'm alright jacks, fuck everybody else" in the right place, a Gov will remain in place in the uk.
    faced with irrefutable evidence that much of the uk was closed down and abandoned, at the same time as the oil came on tap, and profits hoarded in the south and underwrit your financial sector. people will still cone on here and claim she was some kind of financial and social wizard, and often brexiteers, giving it, why cant we all come together, you northern monkey scrounging cvnts.
    if she was so one nation tory, why haven't we voted tory since 1955. ferk knows the last time the north of England and wales voted tory.
    I like to think they are not inherently selfish dahn sath, i'm sure many believed it was down to their own hard work and enterprise. with the profits from 43billion barrels being horded in the city of London, with rUK, paying for the UK's civil service mostly based in London,and with trickle down, if you couldn't make it there, you couldn't make it anywhere.
    partly the reasons for their denial was how oil was promoted and reported. this is why you are partly forgiven. The McRone report.
    while the tory and labour govs where telling you it was only a small asset, and was only predicted to last 10-15 years. it was quite literally the opposite. for as long as I can remember, we have been getting told it is due to run out any day now. there's still decades of the stuff left. even now.
    your parliament is no less corrupt than the worst ones out there.
    https://www.bing.com/search?q=McCro...-18&sk=&cvid=7AF3FC5EA99C43ACBF83A8024216429D

#509 finm, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. maybe a bit hyperbole. but I think it fits.

• Love You Love You x 1
  9. ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hero-Or-Villian-Margaret-Thatcher.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. Perhaps that’s the problem with looking back at Thatchers achievements, now followed by ‘sadly it also....’

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. What a vile scuzzer she was!

maggie.jpg

#514 Jez900ie, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  13. No.
    And your little meme is irrelevant and unnecessary, as no meme was posted.
    Just a fond memory of a wonderful leader and woman.

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. she was a nasty cvnt. she was no more competent with finance than lottery winner Michael Carrol and no less anti social. short sighted, she came into power with 40+billion barrels of oil + Gas, but still made an arse of it. But, you have to give her her due, compared to what you have elected this time around who are no less nasty, she at least had an air of competence. she fucked over the 4 nations quite efficiently.
    during her tenure you can see she stared the ball rolling in many of the social problems that you see today. Drink and drug issues, homelessness. her no such thing as community ideology. and much of the crime you can associate with them.
    Tick tock.

• Like Like x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  15. Am I miss remembering the quote(not that it truly matters)thought she said ‘society’ not community?

yep 7th quote down.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/apr/08/margaret-thatcher-quotes

16. communities suggests classless
    society, the opposite.
    to me, its a v,brittish thing to divide by "Class". torys love to promote it, old labour love to wallow in it.

17. The English love class divides, all the classes do we do like our Pigeon Holes to put things in makes things so much easier

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. The majority of English folk still haven't outgrown feudalism as the chosen form of society.

They will claim to hate "privilege " but they are wedded to principles of class, including supporting a ruling class.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information