1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

40 Years Since Thatcher

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by richgilb, May 6, 2019.

1. Thatcher was a great prime minister in my opinion, you can disagree with her but calling someone a cunt and happy she is dead is way below the belt, she devoted her life to service, what have you guys done for the (or your) country? she is also a parent and child, would you like someone saying those things about your family member? Easy sitting behind your keyboard I suppose.

• Like x 3
    • WTF x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Nuke Post x 1
  2. there is a reason that people like me, go from No to Yes.
    you will find its mostly to do with decades of mismanagment of "UK" resources. i would say about 65-70% of the UK would agree. i also think most would say, the "UK" of this decade, has come as a direct result of thatchers policies in the 80s. she lied and hid the wealth of this "UK". along with labour before her, mcrone report anyone? and for what?

3. Fin, fuckwits going on about it's all thatchers fault, even though she stopped being prime minister 29 years ago, are lying to themselves.

Oh look at this capitalist system it's broken, says the man with multiple holidays a year, a ducati one or more, cars, own house, own business, yeah down with capitalism (not you particularly fin but just some comments within this thread)

I see where millenials come from, people holding onto their own ineptitude for decades always blaming everything and everyone else. She's been dead for 6 years and some of you are still blaming her for your own choices.

She was a prime minister of her time, that for most she said, work hard, play hard and you will see the benefits and most people did.

She was one chapter in our politics and if you're looking to blame her for the failings of the modern age, then you are looking at the wrong politician/s

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. so, in 8 years time you wont still be baning on about labour causing the global financial melt down?

i think your reffering to my fathers era, and the gazillion small bussnisses that contracted for building maintence ect for the nationalised and public sector. its funny that the most vocal when it comes to removing the safty net are genneraly of an age where they bennifited most from the lavish bennifit system and larger public sector.
    btw, pretty much everybody i know is self emplyed. most, like me, will have had less holidays in the last 10years than youy lot will have had in one.. and with an ageing society and people leaving due to brexit. its only getting harder,

i think 40years of " me me me in it to win it" messages from successive uk gov's has had a fair impact on todays attitudes. i the winner takes it all, whats left for the rest?
    yip, just one chapter. the chapter where we blew it all.
    i wqonder how much norway made for its people while i was typing this out?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Maggie devoted herself to service? Service for herself, to extort evermore money for her family - remember her influence to get her scumbag son out of illegally sponsoring the invasion of Equatorial New Guinea, & don't forget the kickbacks for the arms deals... Then there was the cover up of Hillsborough. Support of Aparteid in South Africa. The poll tax. The crushing of the miners and all trade unions. Selling the nations assets like North Sea oil, British Airways/ Water/ Gas/ Electricity, BT, council housing.

Fuck Maggie.

#46 Jez900ie, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nope, the snp will save us, you told us so and I believe you fin :D

Nope, referring to our age group fin one mans ducati is another mans years of rent. When some plead poverty, their own version of poverty is very subjective

I think you are confusing you have to be in it to win it, with feck that but I want the spoils of win anyway

Fin, Norway did well because they are NOT Scottish :D

8. the proof is in the pudding, we got austerity too. down 2bill a year since 2008. look at pretty much every area the SGov has controle over, using left leaning, progressive policies with only a fraction of what we contribute the UK in tearms of tax alone. you tell us we get to much. i say we manage it better.
    i aint pleading poverty. but i'v been there, around about 1980 onwards. but you would need to blind, deaf and deffo in your case dumb to see it dosent needlesly exsist. i dont avoide tax, i dont use an an accountant. try asking for a cash job in here and i will show you the door.
    (i wee warning to any voting in the next reff, all that will change if you dont vote wisely). i know plenty that feel the same.

trolling.

i kinda agree with that.

9. The "thatcher would have sorted this mess out" crap makes me laugh. I would of loved to see her work with a Minority in the Commons, she would have lasted 5 seconds

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I agree with you, Thatcher would not have sorted this mess out, it's a silly statement. The truth is she would never have let it get into such a mess in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Without commenting further (never argue politics with anyone but your best mates is advice I’ve always stuck too) all I would say is that you can make these “hate” lists about everyone & everything. Corbyn’s would be off the scale right now. They’re all the same whatever your core politics are!

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. No hate list comrade only facts and my opinion, JC hasn't been elected PM yet.........

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I agree with the part that they are all the same but we had an awful long time of 'the same stuff' from Thatcher without the check of a different opinion (different government) so the 'blame' for everything that is now seen as bad (hindsight is great too) is shared between Thatcher, her party (for the period of time they allowed her to call the shots) and the electorate who kept voting for her (her party).
    I have said before that she did some things with good intention but they fell apart pretty quickly - see council house sales thread. She also didn't foresee peoples natural capacity for taking the soils without saving for a rainy day (her own policy demonstrations could be to blame for that too).
    In summary, some good ideas that didn't turn out as planned (benefit of doubt there) - and some very bad ideas that also turned out bad. I'm not really giving much positive here am I? :thinkingface:

15. Maggies mates probably have a similar one based on the money they got from the sell off of the UK assets too!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. You are doing alright for me Dinger ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information