1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

44 Teeth - Budget Bike Battle 4 - Benidorm

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Robarano, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Episode 4 :) :upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Those lads are quick alright... :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. So easy to crash at Cartagena

as proved by the fact half the paddock didn’t finish the race haha.

but it really is a tricky track.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. I’ve been off at the same corner 3 times... :joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. I went down at turn 7

but there was hardly a corner I haven’t nearly crashed at ha

6. That was quite a fun episode!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Toss up between Andalusia and Cartagena for shittest track in Spain :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I had a bit of a rant at my mates about the 44teeth stuff, I totally get the budget bike thing, but in this instance the whole no brakes thing and riding around on bikes with miss-fires just winds me up. I'm not trying to sound like a fuddy duddy but it's not just there safety to think about, as proved by the fact that when barons brakes went, he had nowhere to go, if he'd have been 5 metres closer to the R6, which he would have been without a miss-firing engine, then he may well have torpedo'd that dude.

The content is okay, but I think they need a sponsor, or they need a production company to put structure around it and allow them to still be 'fun' but with some more budget than they have because I think they still have good idea's. Or they need to bring in a 3rd person (who isn't mossy) who can maybe do some more stuff with them and try to grow it that way. Someone fun like Luke Bowler, Chris from FB or something like that. If you look at it, Top Gear worked so well for years because you had a blend of 3 guys, I think 44Teeth needs that to grow.

• Like Like x 1

9. I hear you.

I definitely wouldn’t go racing if I was you, unfortunately it’s standard practice :mask:

I wouldn’t personally run like that tbh

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I think that's why its popular ,its not too polished just my opinion on why I like it . sorry quick edit I've been told to grow up several times and I don't want to maybe that's another reason :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. I really enjoyed that episode, they seemed to have cut back on the ‘banter’? i think you call it and focused on the content (bikes) a little more. They just need to lose the grinning fool that services the bikes now as he adds absolutely zero in terms of content/watchability. Maybe have that done off camera with an explanation of what has been going on and what the fix was etc.

12. You’ll never please everyone.

For some of the reasons mentioned in here of why people don’t like them, others love them for it.

we’d then probably moan that they’re over-groomed/too pc/boring etc

#112 Advikaz, Apr 21, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. You see a lot of hate/green eyed monster associated with their content. I mostly enjoy it. Same - I wouldn't run a bike on track with the faults on that last vid.
    Fair play to them all the same, having more craic than most.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Difficult hey, I am sure I could do no better!

• Like Like x 2
  15. I’d like them to explain how to ride fast but in an advanced way. Especially entering into a corner on the brakes....

Al can certainly hussle, with Chris a few seconds behind.

16. Who is a MASSIVE walking ad to NOT use his business in Bristol!!

• Agree Agree x 2

17. Braking/entry is probably one of the most challenging things for a racer initially.
    How long to hold that brake, and the inevitable crashes of when you hang on for too long :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. personally I think Chris is probably within a second of Al now, having watched him at Almeria he is REALLY quick, was only 2 seconds off a current super stock 6 lad. The issue is that Chris does 3 laps at a time at that pace and comes in, and also, Chris hasn’t had to my knowledge a properly big crash. It remains to be seen how fast he would be after he’s had a big one, not that I’m wishing it on him, I just think coming back fast from stuff that shits you up is probably the measure of how rounded you are as a fast track rider.

overall it’s still good content to watch it really is, I don’t want to be a keyboard warrior who rips it all apart because they are doing something I’m not.

• Like Like x 1
  19. From what I gather from Rehm, Chris was quicker than Al. Al was rocking around at 45's and Chris mid to late 44's.

Good times on old bikes. Albeit that R1 is 85% a race bike to be fair.

On equal machines i'd wager Al would be quicker still. But Chris is fast for a trackday rider. He has had a lot of seat time though! and has the right connections for tuition/set up as well as clearly having the bank account for it - which doesn't hurt.

Not taking anything away from him. He goes very well for someone who hasn't raced! He rarely looks 'ragiddy' either. I reckon he wouldn't embarrass himself in a club race.

The winner of that race was doing 34's!! Which is very very fast on that new surface. Very fast!

#119 Advikaz, Apr 21, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Message them for a track day, how bad could it be.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information