1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

44 Teeth, Finally They Get Something Correct.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wayne58, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Mate, the new software is tops. If you do track days- get it.
    You won’t know it’s there until you take the absolute piss with the throttle. That long left hander at Valencia.... that software made me look and feel mildly heroic.
    And I’m shite :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2

2. Exactly that !

• Like Like x 1
  3. haha!
    I absolutely love the bike as it is so I don’t really have any incentive to change it, especially not for £400+. There’s no way I can enjoy the bike any more than I already do.

• Like Like x 2

4. Love this. Awesome to see someone thoroughly happy with something

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  6. New blade looking good...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The orange bike that always breaksdown, so I am informed..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mine (Gen 2) hasn't (yet :D)

• Love You Love You x 1
  9. In the vid of the V4 there’s a shot early on of him coming off a hair pin/tight right handed and the way in which he takes the peter schmeichel with the throttle while still getting drive shows it off.

Im looking forward to riding my V2 on track as I believe it has Evo 2 system also, even though it will be far less stressed will still be interesting to see if I can feel it working

• Agree Agree x 1

10. Are they that bad? I know ktm Mx bikes have a bit of a rep

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. still not a patch on the German

12. I’d be very tempted by the Honda but the price tag is very steep in my opinion.

makes the bmw look like a bargain. But then the beamer has had more issues than spud from train spotting as well

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Depends who you talk to mate, but when you look at the prices and spec of all the top line Sportsbikes then the beemer is out in front for value

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Nope. For 25k, just nope.
    Reminds me of Clarksons analargy when explaining why he would never buy an A45, its like a waiter offering you a tin of Sardines for hundred pounds,
    "Oh well they're very good Sardines sir", I don't care... I'm not paying 100 pounds.

Think it was something on those lines.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Looks wise it is. Doubt it'll be faster though.

16. I agree. I know some guys who work for motorrad uk and I’ve heard some very worrying things with the new bike.

but then all the gen 1’s have usually had their issues haven’t they

17. I think at the lower end of the talent pool the bmw is going to be easier for the masses. But at the higher end the Honda will make more sense.

I love a bmw but they’ve always handled like a bag of bollocks in my opinion but had a monster engine. It wasn’t a very pure experience. Like comparing a caterham to a veyron. The new one is a big improvement over the gen 1,2,3 mind but still felt vague to me. Albeit I’ve only ridden it on the road.

but you ask someone else and you’ll get different feedback and rightly so. Different people feel and want different things.

it sounds/reads to me like Honda have built a fairly dedicated machine, but it could end up like the gen 1 panigales in that only Pirro etc can make them go fast? Who knows.

from my experience soft tends to be fast for the masses. Fast, stiff and peaky tends to be right for motogp and superbike riders

There is however no such thing as a shit bike these days, they’re all bloody amazing, just different flavours :) buy what tickles your pickle. So many people buy the bike with a gazzillion horse power just because of that reason.

#137 Advikaz, Feb 3, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  18. There’s loads of complaints about them but I’ve not had any issues apart from the recalls. Build quality isn’t great but if you’re going to track it then that won’t matter really.
    I’m definitely at the lower end of the talent pool so I’m happy with it :joy:

• Like Like x 2
  19. I noticed that with the new beamer actually, the bike felt very Gsxr’y in terms of build quality.

Nothing against gixxers they’re mega and probably the most reliable 1000 you can buy but they’re cheaper. For 20k and from a German brand I’m not sure I could forgive the bmw for feeling cheap (if it was a road bike)

it’s funny isn’t it, gsxr’s feel cheap but take abuse very well and last forever, panigales feel very well made, very expensive but won’t take punishment anywhere near to the same level

funny old world

#139 Advikaz, Feb 3, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. My 1299 and Tuono were way above the Beemers build quality.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information