1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

44t - Mv V 999

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Cream_Revenge, Aug 21, 2018.

1. @Kingfixer - that's your old SA ^^^^^! Finally got round to fitting it after mixing some paint to get the adjusters to match the SA!

Thanks again :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Glad to help mate :upyeah::upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Mine's taxed and tested!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Actually I checked, I've been riding it since May without MOT!!!! :cold_sweat:

(now booked)

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. You can sign up to DVLA to get text/email reminders.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. That's good to know, I've just made a spreadsheet of them all with calendar reminders. Cross at myself... :mad:

7. https://www.gov.uk/mot-reminder

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Hmm, the MOT reminder site does not recognise my registration number. Nice!
    The getvehiclesmart site does. Make of that what you will...

9. Double-bloody decker...

• Like Like x 1
  10. it's been a good series . It shows how ordinary Ducati are now a days and how special owning an MV is and how it makes you feel .

11. Got to love the Germans. It’s great to see someone from BMW who’s so passionate, knowledgeable and keen to publicly talk about the bike. I thought my superbike days were over but the new S1000RR is seriously tempting me back.

#112 Jimmy899, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  12. Humble pie..

• Like Like x 4
  13. It'll be interesting to see his take on his new 916. :) :upyeah:

Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 12.12.45.png

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. mine's in boxes. Literally... in boxes.
    one for pistons, one for gears, one for cogs and sods, one for frame, etc etc.
    but as far as dvla are concerned - there's a 999 with my name on it. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. What's the plan?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Knowing Sev you'll here nothing for 18 months than then a big "Ta Da!!"

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sort of :)

It’s in suspended animation till I can do it right.
    I’m not doing anything till I’ve got enough to build the engine.
    It’s also not just about the money though, as I had designs on building the engine myself under a watchful eye of a mentor.

Like my ss before it things just have to be right and truth be told it’s going to be a special build as I know it’s going to be a big emotional therapeutic channel and focus at some point in the not too distant future.

But first things first, nothing happens till the beating heart of the beastie is built as let’s face it, you can put a price on everything apart from an engine build.
    The engine cases need all bearings replaced and part of me says repaint but the factory paint (unbelievably) is good so I’m of the mind just leave it.

I want all the rotating parts lightened and dynamically balanced. It literally is a case of the whole engine is apart so if I’m going to do it, do it at this early stage. But until I’ve got not only the time and the cash I’ll just keep hoarding bits for it :)

• Like Like x 3
  18. I remember how nice the SS was... can't wait to see this!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Von boring has had an update for his fine in switzerland. Because speeding is a criminal offense in ZH!

The further final fine is 11,000 swiss franc's,..that suspended unless he causes further incidents visiting the country.

#120 GunZenBomZ, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
Do Not Sell My Personal Information