1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

600ss To 750ss Head And Crank Change

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by allen, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Thanks for all the advice!

I'll keep my eyes open for the 750 engine. Also keep researching the 675 in the meantime.

The forks feel good to me but I'm no expert. I might read around on the forum for more info.

I actually don't mind the single disc braking power... Is the reason for dual disc because of twisting under heavy braking?

Thanks for the advice on the brembos.

2. I've not ridden a dual disc bike, but would imagine it was fine for the 600. I've certainly heard that from 600 owners. The 900 forks are much better in their adjustability.

3. I think the reason for dual disc is mainly to provide more braking area and therefore a more powerful brake, might help stop twisting forces as well though, when I converted my CR750 rep to twin disc it made a huge difference to stopping power.

4. I figured if that was the reason then I'm happy with a single disc. It's got plenty of stopping power. So long as you don't want to use just a finger or two. But you don't exactly have to squeeze hard.

5. Yes, they are not heavy bikes so a single disc is probably adequate, I’ve got a single disc on my Scrambler and it’s fine, especially after fitting HH pads, that said braking is like power, it’s difficult to have too much :)

6. The twin discs would easily lift the back wheel on my 750ss

7. I'm not only thinking from the braking power aspect but also the insurance point of view - "more powerful engine, so I rightfully upgraded the brakes".

8. I do need to find out the insurance and motor agency views on this. I believe they have a level of power upgrade beyond which they expect other parts of the bike to be upgraded. No idea how its calculated though

9. I never upgraded my brakes when I put 10bhp on my 900. Never asked about it when I filled in my declaration

10. I cant imagine they would have an issue to be honest, but I would rather check.

• Like Like x 1
  11. On another note, on revamping my tank I find the metal of the fuel tap is beginning to stretch and has a very light seep. I can see its pretty soft aluminium..

The part isn't made anymore, and from what I can see on this forum a few people have replaced them with other parts.

Does anyone know a definitive part that can act as a good replacement?

12. Try Stein Dinse, they should still be stocked by some suppliers. I got one for about 25 quid about 2 years ago

13. The early 750 only had one disc so it will be fine,mine had a twin disc set up,i went back to single disc.

14. That's a great tip. They do indeed have them... As well as other tasty bits. Thanks.

15. Why did you choose to go back?

16. I can understand that.
    The extra weight of another disc is exactly where you don’t want it, unsprung and rotational , not to mention the extra weight of an additional calliper.

17. Just put it back to how it should have been,i did track days years ago with a single set up,that was border line but fine for road use.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information