1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

660 Aprilia

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Symon Moore, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Have I just read that right? £10,200?

Bugger me, it’s a 600. Who is going to buy that?

2. Whats does a supersport cost?
    Too heavy too IMHO.

3. Yes but a SS is not a 600. It’s that psychological barrier isn’t it? The new Honda CBR650R is £7495.

4. Have a look at the Suzuki SV650 https://bikes.suzuki.co.uk/bikes/street/sv650/ List currently @ £5650 but several brand new being advertised @ around £5100 in Suzuki dealers.
    I just bought one for my wife and having ridden it myself I am amazed how good it is. Admittedly its not going to blow your mind with its acceleration nor impress the techno bores as it doesnt have the latest goodies but it actually does what most of us need most of the time. IMO way better value and quite probably a better bike than the 797 Monster etc and fun to ride too.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. very different bike tho, better to compare with a zx6r or r6 - which is 12k!

6. Isn’t that about the same price as that new KTM 890 Duke R :thinkingface:?

There all heading the Same way, Street triple RS is about the same as well I think, those are middleweight prices these days!
    You need about £17k to go looking for a decent 1000cc bike, you can thank PCP deals for this constant upward trend imo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. As long as it's about £150/month they will sell, I find it barking but that's how it works for most, cars anywhere under £500/month and they fly out the door :bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Yes you’re right. I’d not be spending £10.2k on a 600 though so it’s not my problem I suppose!

• Like Like x 1
  9. A first glance the main differences are £2500 pounds and ABS - the performance appears almost identical. True it doesn't have Ducati on the tank but I'd have bought the Suzuki too most likely.

10. It’s just the way prices are. It’s the same as a Monster 821. Street Triple RS at 10k seems like a great price to me, relatively speaking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. agree, it's just where the pricing is these days. Although Ducati do a better job than most of stopping silly discounting. Piaggio get a bit greedy and let some dealers buy bulk and then discount them, hence why the RSV4 Pricing is all over the place. You'd be insane to pay full price for an RSV4.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information