1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 70mm Termi Question.

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by yellowducmaniac, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Hi peeps, my bikes just gone in for its annual service, fluids / filters and check over only, i've also asked my guy to try and sort out the stalling issue which happens occasionally as well as the occasional reluctance to start when warm, despite upgraded battery and exige cables.
    He asked whether the 70mm slashcut termi system fitted included the correct ECU , i'm not sure but i've got a receipt for the purchace and fitting of the system which says ''70mm termignoni kit''...i would like to assume that this 'kit' would include the ECU but can anyone advise on this please.

2. Should have ecu and open cell air filter

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. What does the dash say when you start the bike?

4. Bikes at indy now but i think it says EN then race, but silly as it sounds I can't remember for sure.

5. I think "Race" was a slip on ecu, "Race Evo" was a full system ecu. :thinkingface:

Others may know better, but it's got an ecu of some sort in there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. IMO, the bike wouldn't run at all well without the correct ecu or some sort of remap. Sounds like you need a fine tune. Andy

7. Thanks...bike runs well apart from the occasional probs as stated above, i have read somewhere ,maybe on this forum, that some 0f the **98 bikes can suffer from ongoing starting niggles?
    Hopefully confident that my man can sort it for me.:upyeah:

8. Reluctance to start could be a sprag clutch problem?

9. That had crossed my mind, although it doesnt make the associated noises, anyway its in good hands and i'm in no rush to get it back at the moment, i'm away on hols for the next 10 days, i'll see whats what when i get back.

• Like Like x 1
  10. My bike was pretty shoddy at starting and had the slip on termis with Race ECU. I installed a 70mm system and reflashed ECU with the Race Evo map but before starting I reset the TPS. The TPS was way out and afterwards, it was like night and day, starts first time now. Defos worth a try.

11. Just got my bike back from servicing inc fuel injection reset/tps etc. and the dash does indeed say 'race evo', only got the chance to start it in my garage yesterday but it started on the button and with far more urgency, shame about the shite weather , when we get a decent dry day i'll take it for a spin....cant wait.:D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Might be worth getting the cable and software so you can have a dabble if and when the problem reoccurs.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information