1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748/999 Build

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Russ21, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Yep, the previous owner hit a wheelie bin when out one evening, coming back from Boxhill back in 2004.

Rubbish went everywhere!!! :joy::joy:

@RickyX No real reason re: Splitter. Bettes offered them to me and I needed some lines, so just took what he had. Does keep it nice and neat though.

#301 Russell, May 13, 2020
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Can anyone recommend a clutch slave cylinder? Quite like the look of the Oberon style

Only every used an OE clutch cylinder on previous Dukes, so haven't any any experience with anything else.

3. STM italy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I've always been really happy with the Oberon ones, had them on all my Ducati's prior to the panigales

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oberon are really good Russell :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lovely, thanks guys :upyeah::)

7. After a little advice if possible guys.

Am i right in thinking i'm able to run a 999 rad, without any fitment issues? Running a 999 rad then means i can then ditch the coolant tank by the headstock?

8. Doesn't the filler cap foul the air tubes. I don't know as I havn't built one.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. @andyb

You can use a 998rs header tank with a 998 rad. Or cut off the filler neck on a 999 rad and weld a plate over the hole, to blank it off.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I think it would

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Ok, lovely.

Thanks chaps :upyeah:

12. Picked up a 749/999 loom yesterday. Big thanks to @RickyX for looking after me on price ;):upyeah:

ECU/ignition barrel/Red key turned up yesterday too. ECU is being sent off today for flashing/unlocking. The bike is hopfully only a few parts away from being started.
    20200520_083708.jpg 20200520_083806.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  13. Once the ecu is decoded, you can run the bike without a dash connected

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Can you?? Did not know that!

15. Had a few parts delivered yesterday, so spent some time on the bike. Cleaned and fitted new Pipercross filters to the air tubes, fitted all the factory fixings for mounting oil cooler. Stripped back all the old tired wrapping from the looms, cleaned, checked and re-wrapped. Ordered some oil lines for the oil cooler and also some RH switch gear.

It's starting to take shape nicely. I wanted to get the bike started by next Spring, but I think it'll be the end of this Summer. May even have it rideable.
    20200522_082951.jpg
    IMG_20200521_145044_366.jpg
    20200522_085819.jpg 20200522_085917.jpg

Thanks again for everyone's help. It's been invaluable :grinning::upyeah:

#315 Russell, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. @Russell give mode performance a call.
    They have a few sets of the 12.5 (15mm) offset disc carriers and they'll make up a set for you.

Damn, I wish I knew there was a 998 loom up for grabs! I'm looking to use one on the 916 so that I don't have to junk the corse oil tank. - nice find. :)

17. It's a 999 loom

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. I settled for a 999 loom in the end. Trying to find a 998 loom proved almost impossible. Had to change a few things, but wasn't too much hassle.

Thanks, I'll check out mode performance.

19. I know they were using non brembo made carriers with brembo rotors.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information