1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748/999 Build

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Russ21, Oct 20, 2019.

1. :upyeah:

Ian at Mode Performance was quite... impressed with some of the opinions on this thread... spit his tea out impressed.

@Russell nice work so far - looking forward to the bracket coming to life.

• Like Like x 3
  2. So are the carriers without the brembo mark , brembo or copies....

3. ring him yourself and ask the question.

On a very personal level I like the guys at mode and after three pairs of discs from them in the past and other odds and sods they've always looked after me.

Genuine or copy, I don't really care, suffice to say when the 749 is in need of new brakes I'll be going to them irrespective.

• Like Like x 3
  4. too difficult box?

5. That's not very nice.

You ask all the questions about them on here, we give you answers but you won't share your findings.

To name a boyband, it's a bit one direction...

6. not really. I just get the feeling that he's got better things to do like talking to proper race teams and their requirements rather than some bloke off the street who talks like he's Rossi's race engineer (not you lot obviously).

his words to paraphrase :
    ..interesting how these thread starts and amazing what people think they know….
    I am in two minds to send you a reply to post or just leave alone, as some people will never change they thinking regardless of truth.

So, ultimately ring him and ask him if you're unsure as to the provenance of what he's selling.
    Nobody is forcing you to give him your money any more than they are forcing you to buy EBC or A N Other.
    If you really must have the brembo logo laser etched onto your disc carriers then so be it, go to Omnia Racing and pay them the 200 quid more for the privilege, that way you even get it in the swish brembo padded box as well.

Road bike people are small fry. Me trying to take up his time and at the end of it walk a way with a pair of discs and a set of pads is night and day compared to a BSB or endurance team trying to buy stuff by the dozen, and that's before we even start on the four wheeled stuff.

If in doubt, just buy from someone else. You sleep easier, everyone's happy... simples.
    Life's to fucked up at the moment to worry about a laser etched logo or some shit like that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. You could of just said no they are not genuine brembo.... been much easier...ffs

8. I didn't ask him F.E, pure and simple. I just rang him for availability on some discs and said by the way, look at this thread.

I don't really care if they're pureblood brembo or not. If they're brembo rotors on his own licensed carriers that's fine by me.

If they're brembo carriers that aren't branded that's fine by me too.

I order under a brembo part number and stuff appears at my door. I'm happy F.E, and I've never questioned it, I've never felt the need to.

I'm mr middle aged bog average rider of no remarkable talent so as long as they work and work well who am I to know the limits of their performance ceiling. I'll leave that to you track gods, flippin hell, every time I've ever tried to get my knee down the rest of me has followed with it!

I buy magpie shit to throw at my bike because it makes me smile, not because it needs it. I'll be the bloke at boxhill with pristine sliders and chicken strips on the side of his tyres.. and at this ripe old age, I'm ok with that.

I'd rather push barbed wire up my japs eye than buy a set of wavy discs for example, but I'll happily pay Mode for a set of what i believe to be Brembo SBK discs all day long. Brembo logo or not.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Mode sold their own centres with Brembo rotors, they came in a posh Brembo padded box too.

Supersport hpk rotors, with Mode made carriers. They commissioned 20 sets for a South African race series that didn't go ahead.
    They were sold with part number 208973711S

They were £330+VAT.

Here are a couple of pics of said set of discs..

Might have a receipt somewhere.
    20200604_200347.jpg 20200604_200403.jpg

10. I don't care.
    I really don't.
    I've had a fucking shit day, everything is pointing to the fact that I won't have a job at the end of next month and the mrs' dynamic mattress has had to be replaced three times this week as each one has failed - leaving her in lots of pain and great distress.

With these rather minor details as a backdrop.. I genuinely don't care.
    [​IMG]

I'm off to the PB forum. They got a fake boobs thread on there.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. I'd just like to stress, I feel bad for you sev about the job and the mrs isn't well and in pain but my laughing was at the fake boobs in the pb forum......do they have a lot in there?:thinkingface: asking for a friend

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stop spending money on shut brakes then.....

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  13. Dash arrived yesterday. Mega happy with it. That's the last piece of the 999 electrics sorted. So now in theory the bike should start (once installed obviously lol)

Spent a bit of time cutting the glass back and polishing for a bit of extra clarity (didnt really need it, but did it anyway).

I've been making templates for the dash bracket and playing with possible final positions on the bike.
    20200606_104328.jpg
    Hopfully have it mounted soon.

• Like Like x 4
  14. loads and loads. It's a thing of beauty.

@andyb I tell you what, I'll just stick to japanese shite in future and just leave the ducati's to all you money no object elitists.

I thought you were ok, but you know what... you're no better than those DSC khunts that looked down their noses at me back in the early days of my riding because I didn't have a 916. You and aircon can go and fucking centipede yourselves. the pair of you.

I'll leave the build threads and projects to the professionals in future - can't have council scum like me tainting your aryan genepools can we.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. What are these shut brakes you speak of, sound niche and expensive.

16. That’s the spirit

• Like Like x 1
  17. Whoa ....you know how to insult I’ll be all the c words under the sun but DSC.... that hurts!:joy::joy:

18. Lets all be friends shall we, and not argue about the small things. It's really not worth it...:)

Mocked up the dash with the fairing on, the dash was proud of the screen by a good inch, meaning the dash had to be brought down a fair bit. Ended up cutting away the carbon headlight bucket for the dash to sit nicely within the fairing. Now back to the drawing board for these brackets...

20200606_140515.jpg 20200606_140535.jpg 20200606_140546.jpg 20200606_140608.jpg
    20200606_154725.jpg 20200606_154735.jpg

Before everything goes back together, I'll reinforce the bucket fixing points with some ally plate, just for piece of mind really. Considering the material that's been cut away, its surprisingly still very rigid.

#358 Russell, Jun 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Looking good :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Keep going, you’re getting close to fire up.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information