1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 748 - Brake/clutch Lines - Oem Replacement

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by ALISTAIR STANWAY, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Hi everyone, what are people using as OEM replacements for 748/916 BP brake and clutch line replacement?

Hel Performance/Goodridge??

I need to swap my 25 year old lines during my current fettle on a 95' 748 BP.

Cheers,
    Al

2. HEL would be my preference. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. HEL
    Why you changing are the originals not steel braided?

4. Originals rubber and 25 years old so thought i'd swap. To be fair they look in good nick though.

5. Aha, that explains then. I just wondered as my 99 748BP came with braided steel lines as standard. I didn’t know whether or not they were always standard though. If it were my bike I’d replace the lines, HEL’s you’re best bet, snazzy colours too, although I’d stick to natural steel.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have Fren Tubo brake lines. Nice colour but a little inflexible in that they don't run nicely along the rear chain guard very well so i have wired them into it. It's a solution that works. Fittings are "top shelf".

• Like Like x 1
  7. From memory, brake lines were changed from rubber to braided around 98/99. My 916 had braided front hose when I bought it in 2009 which I changed back to rubber as I wanted to make it as near to original as I could, also swapped back the Oberon clutch slave, 5 spoke wheels, carbon front guard, Ferraci carbon cans and probably a few other bits as well. Nice standard bike now with 4.5K miles.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Hi Al

I've run both goodridge and HEL lines ( goodridge currently on 748, HEL on a GSXR750 and 748).

Happy to recommend both as both have done exactly what they should do but I would also say that when I had to speak to HEL about an alternative fitting they were extremely helpful - more than happy to recommend them.

You will also have to decide whether you want to run twin lines or std single line with a branch - I've always run twin so again can't comment on comparisons.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information