1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Check Over

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Gricey86, Oct 4, 2017.

1. As I mentioned in one of your other threads, one of the first things to check are the wires and connector's to the reg/rec any problems here will lead to not charging and a flat battery, it is a well known weak spot.
    Steve

2. Yeah I checked them all last night

I'm positive of a old battery being the issue

• Like Like x 1
  3. Finished work yesterday went to the bike with a multi meter and a few bits to check it as my battery hadn't arrived , thumbed the start button and she fired , reluctantly but non the less it started , battery's charging just think it might be old and past its best so new one should be here this morning ,

• Like Like x 2
  4. New battery's got her starting much better but I will change the cables in future I think ,

Got some carbon heel guards fitted too

Got some pipercross filters and iridium plugs and a new fuel filter to fit and I'll change the oils and get the belts book in at baines racing very soon

Need an abba stand so I can regrease the pivot and have the shock off for refurb and start refurbing the other odds n sods,

Be ordering some leathers too so I can ride it properly and the last 2 pairs iv won don't bloody fit beer and pies haven't been kind must get to the gym

5. IMG_5206.JPG I will sort the bolts out

6. If you are removing the swinging arm pivot bolt, check out some threads on here first as they can be very difficult to remove more often than not.

I have had instances where is has taken me a week to get the spindle to move and become loose enough to remove.

7. Yeah I saw a few threads which is making me want to pull it out and sort it now rather then it get any worse ,

8. Few more bits arrived , garish awful bar ends gone straight in the bin in favour of some r and g bar ends ,

Crumbly backers air filters replaced with nice free flowing pipercross units

New tank mounting rubber (no pics)

Carbon heel guards , not convinced with these ,

And started to change the fuel filter , some bastard has siliconed in , so I’ll fix this issue properly

29E1C3F6-8695-4AFC-8AF2-4228A04071E2.jpeg

B97A6043-92EA-4C17-BEC7-B42A4E1AD867.jpeg

1C07E1DC-332A-4C6F-926D-278B9BD9F0BA.jpeg

E1DC88BC-6472-41CE-BA3D-AC205130B2C5.jpeg

808D4732-1EA4-4778-89B3-F214D178237A.jpeg

5DB66AA8-202F-4465-9D1B-C74C450FE3F0.jpeg

55DE0EA1-A1D7-49E6-8E4A-C96654349719.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  9. quick question - the frame number area says "748s", and the bike seems to be a biposto. I was under the impression that "s" models were monoposto only, or did Ducati make "s" models in Bip form, too?

10. I thought exactly this , so I sent my details to ducati and they rang me to say basically it was a normal biposto, but I did wonder myself , have you a 748 yourself ? Does it say ‘s’ on the frame ?

11. I havea 998s, but not checked the frame recently, but will do for curiosity sake at the weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I had a 1999 748 Biposto and I'm pretty sure it said 748s on the frame sticker.

Have you set a budget for all this by the way ?? :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

13. Lol nah I’m just trying not to get too carried away , next will be plugs oil n belts and then I’ll re powder coat my wheels n tidy the frame n engine paint n change the bodywork back

14. Be interesting to keep a tally and see where you end up with it? - won't tell anyone with a vested interest by the way (wife/partner, bank manager etc) :p

Keep posting pics too !!! :D

15. So far it stands me about 2350 so it’s not too bad just yet

16. Unless the Mrs is reading , in which case it’s 1350

• Like Like x 1
  17. It did look as neglected as Cliff Richards female admirers when you got it.

It's on the long road to recovery

upload_2017-10-13_10-40-10.jpeg

18. IIRC the 'S' means Sport or similar.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yeah I think it’s had a pamperd life at some point but that definatly wasn’t recent , I will make her beautiful again , the value of it doesn’t matter too much to me because I will never sell it, this will be the start of a collection now so once Iv sieved some termis and a few other bits and the weather gets worse and after my daughters birthday end of this month I’ll start stripping and getting bits done Probably should get this moved to the buildthread section

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yes they are all marked S whether biposta or mono, I thought it stood for Superbike.
    Steve

PS @Cream_Revenge you two aren't related by any chance ? this thread is like deja vu.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information