1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Check Over

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Gricey86, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Not sure how many posts discussing this there have been lately but ALL 916/748/996 etc. models frame/VIN numbers have the 'S' after the ZDM916 (or whatever engine displacement), it's the model denomination (just like Monsters are ZDM904'M' etc.) and in a similar way to the engine no. having 'W4' (Watercooled 4 valve) or 'A2' (Aircooled 2 valve) etc.

The 'S' doesn't mean it is an S, SP, SPS or whatever other variant there may be, even if it is one - in which case there will be other differences.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. No, but he seems like a great guy, really willing to learn and doing his very best, don't ya think?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Your very kind , I hope I don’t burst your illusions

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Went out to boxhill and back i day/ yesterday to visit friends didn’t bother popping in to boxhill as the boots I orderd still haven’t turned up so was wearing some much much too small for me , done about 200 miles on the bike and love it more everytime I get on it , think the fuel tank is leaking tho because it does smell quite strongly of fuel since I changed the filter and removed all the silicone ,

Stopped into j&s St Albans on the way home and was tempted into a new lid
    Better order a new leather jacket too cause mines abit short and won’t zip to my jeans which is bloody irritating more money to spend

2264822F-CAAE-4616-BFC0-350F015FF690.jpeg

4E0FE874-E673-4CF0-9AD7-2C3F11A98677.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. NXR? I have the NXR mystify, I think it's very similar.

6. Yeah it’s an nxr, so much nicer then my previous caberg and amazing how much difference a proper sports helmet makes to vision and comfort

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yep, thing I noticed first was how clear the visor seemed.

It's a bit noisier than I'd like, but maybe I'm expecting to much.

Got a stone chip in mine yesterday :mad:

8. @Exige ‘s cables are a must for any ageing Ducati.
    A new battery will help but a new battery plus the cables will transform the starting of your bike.
    A cable kit was easily the best money I’ve spent on my 999.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information