1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 748 Fairing Pads??

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Ratboy286, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Hi all, I’ve not long acquired a 2002 748s into the stable to keep the Multi company and while giving it a going over I had the fairings off and managed to get the ‘insulation ‘ pads on the inside wet!!
    They are now mush and need replacing, any ideas where to get them??
    I’ve tried google and the online parts sites with no joy, it looks like I may have to rebuild the the old ones!!
    Thanks in advance

2. Give Craig or Luke a ring at Moto Rápido. Not saying they are available separately to buy or not but if they are, those are the people who’ll be able to source them the quickest and at the most competitive price.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I’ll give them a call, thanks

• Like Like x 1
  4. Part numbers are 48610571A for the left side and 48610581A for the right. They ain't cheap at around £40 each side unless you can get NOS ones. The foam ages badly and when its new is unaffected by water and quite springy, when they are old they turn to mush.

• Like Like x 1
  5. They are still available from Ducati, I got a pair for a 2002 998S last year, check your local dealer or, as suggested above, Moto Rapido. :upyeah:

Don’t forget you’ll also need replacement clips to hold them in place. You have to cut the old ones to get them off so will need new ones to push onto the plastic posts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thanks all for your advice

7. Arent these just for later noise reduction regs so could be left off? I dont recall my previous 95 916 having these nor does my current 95 916 have any.

8. I certainly wouldn't be fretting if mine were not fitted, in fact I have often considered removing them as free weight reduction...

9. My 996 doesn’t have them! But....my 996r fairings do! Or at least did have, they degrade over time. I can’t see any benefit from them being fitted other than to stop rubbing and vibration damaging them when fitted.

10. I'm 99% sure that they're just there to deaden the noise from the motor to pass noise reg's.
    I certainly wouldn't bother fitting them and would strip them out if they were getting tatty.

Steve R

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thanks all

12. I am trying to find the right panel sound dampener Part#48610581A, however Ducati stop producing it and I can't find any dealer around the world that still have it. So if you guys have any extra (brand new) and want to sell it, please let me know. Thanks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information