1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 748 Fuel Lines ( Not Qr)

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Backonabike, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Hi all, thought I’d go out for a quiet ride while the football was on, fired her up and peeing out petrol. ( smelled a bit last nights ride)
    One of the fuel lines has split... meh
    How do you get the line clip off the injector ? And what to use as replacement/where from ?
    Ta

3E8949F5-D2BC-4A7E-A489-7F89D853355D.jpeg

2. Double ear clamps. I cut through one of the ears using snips or a hacksaw. Replacements are cheap on eBay (to suit pipe diameter). There is a proper tool to tighten the ears but I use a pair of pincers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. or your local as they did one for me last year,,,they have the correct pipe/clamp/tool and knowhow:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Are they just straight pipes? No elbow into then injector !

5. mine was carried out on the fuel pump

6. Anyone got any pics of their air filters ? Mine doesn’t seem to have any

671DEFA8-F465-49EA-BE9B-E6CFBD1F64D6.jpeg

7. You should have something like this.
    2010-05-18+17.05.16.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cheers will have a look tomorrow. what do you reckon to the piper cross ones that go under the tank?

9. Some say they are not as efficient, upgrade the standard ones with pipercross replacements, others will have different opinions though.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Where's your two bell mouths:thinkingface:

11. Took them off to take the air box off ?
    Btw, one has a rubber o ring and the other doesn’t, clumbsy service at some point ?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. So if I get a pipe can i use a jubilee clip or does it have to be one of the ones originally fitted ?(it’s a jubilee clip under the tank )

#12 Backonabike, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  13. answered my own question, sawn the clip off, jubilee clip to follow as soon as I get a pipe!
    edit; got the pipe from a motor factors, its 5/16ths or 7.5mm if anyone needs one and for some obscure reason its marked on the pipe as 8mm. To be honest 8mm would be far easier to fit, 7.5mm is a pig to push on under the tank!
    #ducati748fuelpipe

#13 Backonabike, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  14. Built it back up, all good, went for a ride and found out why the coolant had dropped a little, just before the expansion tank split! So everything off again and new one ordered! She's trying my patience!
    The coolant tank is I'm told, a bad design prone to splitting.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information