1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 rear ride height

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Loverobot, Apr 9, 2013.

1. ciao!
    i'm new... i'm looking this thread and i'm really interesting.

i would like to reproduce this ride height tool.

it's correct?

5exw.jpg

a new project four next week

gfbx.jpg

definitive

6mvf.jpg

ps i'm sorry, i'm an architect and work in meters...! :biggrin:

but i'm not sure the distance a_b it's 20mm but 14,8mm and the difference it's 105,7 no 104

telaio 996.jpg

i think this is correct

asta riferimento-Model.jpg

5exw.jpg

gfbx.jpg

nhg0.jpg

6mvf.jpg

telaio 996.jpg

asta riferimento-Model.jpg

#41 techmaz, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  2. Did anyone take this forward and make their own ride height tool ? Asked about sourcing a genuine Ducati tool today only to be told it would be easier to collect rocking horse poo or extract hen's teeth. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. I also ask the same question as android853 because today I contacted Ducati Coventry about buying a gen tool only to be told that they are no longer available. Steve

4. Steven, if you search for 748 rear ride height measurementl, CrankerV2 has posted a .pdf drawing of the tool which I used to make one for myself out of stuff I had in the garage. Pretty it ain't, functional it is. Andy

5. Thanks Andy but after posting I decided to go straight to eBay and buy one from the good old US of A.. I've booked the old girl in on the Ducati trackday at Silverstone so was hoping some technically minded suspension people would be there to help set it up. All this offset & rack means nothing to me

6. Should say offset and rake

7. Not totally sure as never done a day organised by CSBS but there is usually a supension man available on the day and they usually make changes during the day as part of the deal. Plenty of information on this forum about static sag, dynamic sag and ride heights and it's not rocket science. You need patience and to be able to feel what each little change does for your riding pleasure. If nothing else, if you come away from the day with a good basic set up, you are off to a good start. Andy

8. Fingers crossed, looking forward to trying the adjustable steering head. I had a 748e (non adjustable) for last 14years. Just sold it a mate (sad day) . Anyway I've built up this 1995 748 with lots of very expensive goodies . Booked into middle group so hoping to try and keep sight of mate on 1199

Do Not Sell My Personal Information