1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 748 Sp

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Dave L, May 24, 2020.

1. Having took delivery of a 748 SP on Friday I've done a bit of searching and there are apparently 16 registered in the UK......3 licensed and 13 SORN
    Mine is currently SORN but will be registered soon.
    It would be interesting to see how many are owned by forum members....is there a record anywhere?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I've got one, currently sorn..

Screenshot_20200524-233302_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  3. That looks nice..what year is yours
    Mine was registered June 1997

5D5ACF1D-91D1-4B28-B09F-E2E18D84E531_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mines a 95, pretty mint original condition, and a joy to ride. Screenshot_20200428-130614_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. I'm going to be stripping mine back and restoring it to original. It's in really good condition already so hopefully not too many horror stories

• Like Like x 1
  6. Not an SP I'm afraid, mine is an SPS. But it is still YELLOW :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. I’ve got one which needs restoring as the clutch slave seals had failed before I bought it and dumped the fluid down the engine casing stripping off the paint, house restoration and a baby means the project has been shelved! Bike has done 10k km with a Desmo service being done before I bought it and don’t think It’s done 100km since that but will need new belts before I fire it up again I would think.

7A532A0E-EF65-4F53-BADD-8ECC7324C5F9.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. That will be a great project when your ready.

9. Where did you get that information from, surely not How Many Left??

10. It was....I came across the information on their site which prompted the question.
    The only other information I've come across is from the standard catalog giving total production numbers/year.

11. Off the back of me buying one my dads mate bought one too, plenty of electrical issues with both bikes mainly to do with connectors from the generator and the looms being chopped to bits for aftermarket alarms.......very frustrating

12. That website is totally inaccurate. When I had my Benelli Tornado TRE, it said only 3 on the road...I went on a Benelli meet and there was at least 9 1130 TRE there

13. The issue is how accurate the dealers entered the bikes make, model on the first registration. I have a 748SPS and the v5 just says 748........lazy bloody salesman!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Lovely little training bikes....:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Mine was SORN but when I saw that there was hardly any cars on the road due to COVID and after 23 years since I rode the duke I couldn’t resist the temptation new clutch brakes cam belts tyres etc etc taxed mot later it’s back on the road .. 985B539E-FBB8-4D6C-9E9D-75D1ABE3E592.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  16. 23 years since riding it must had given you some surprises when you did?

17. Mate..it was the best ride I ever experienced riding at 20mph ha ha mind you in central London that's all you can do....taking it out for a blast towards Mersea tomorrow let you know then

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information