1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Sps.. Just Need To Get My License!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by 328isport, Jun 10, 2021.

1. TBH as cookster stated you’ll be fine.

2. You will be surprised how fast even a 600 will go too.
    I may have reach 90 and a little but more on the motorway :innocent:
    Otherwise 70 was enough for me and 10mph on the very tight bends and hairpins I got off and walked :joy:

• Like Like x 1
  3. That's what you say now... ;)

Next post... "can I put a 998 motor in a 748?"

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Haha well you never know i guess, but I'm well past all that with cars now, don't expect I'll be any different on the bike.

Got myself a new helmet, as realised I still had the same one I bought when I did my CBT, and then realised just how long ago it was that i did my CBT!

Here is my old Aprilia RS125.. picture tells me this was taken August 2009, would imagine i got the helmet that year..

And also my new lid

Image(549).jpg

20210620_232717_resized.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  5. That Shoei is ace, my mate has one. Very Tron.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hi All,

Just thought I'd update this.. after much thought I decided on the more cautious approach and will not be going straight to the 748, I have bought yet another bike, in the form of a KTM RC390, it has only done 2300 miles and has lots of extras, plus cost me about the same as I imagine it would cost to repair the 748 if I dropped it standing still! I think it will be the right choice, it's amazing how less intimidating it is even just sitting on it/starting it. It has the modern touches like ABS and a gear indicator which will be nice to have.

After getting the KTM I have been thinking it is all the bike I will need for a while, I still have to pass my test which hopefully will be done this year but I expect I'll have at least 2 years on the KTM, and as such having now 3 bikes and knowing this will mean long term storage for the Ducati I have tentatively put it up for sale :-(

Albeit it will only go if I get what I want for it, I would still love to hold on to it but we'll just have to see what happens.

I did also pick up a model, when I think of a yellow Ducati the first thing that comes to mind is Frankie Chili and his 998.5, I managed to get hold of a minichamps model of it signed by him which I'm pretty excited about! If the 748 does go I'll always have that to remind me of it.

Whatever happens I don't expect to go anywhere too soon, I still expect a Ducati will follow the KTM and if its not a 748 then I do like the look of the 17-on supersports.

20210707_195127.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  7. great little bikes

8. Don’t worry. You ain’t the only one….o_O

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hi All, I just wanted to update this thread in case it might help someone else at some point.. so I did end up passing my test last December, somehow passing mod 1 & 2 first time :)

Alas I never rode the 748, it was sold and in fact the RC390 was sold before i passed as well! But that's because i bought an RC390R instead which was the only one in the country. Since passing I bought a 1999 Honda VFR 800 which i ran alongside the RC390R but I've recently sold the KTM and replaced it with a BMW R1200S, I still have the Honda also, and the supersoco scooter :)

I do have some regret that I didn't keep the SPS for a bit longer as with how it turned out and the bikes I have now I expect I'd of felt more than comfortable riding it now, but ultimately I think going from the RC390R to the Honda was a good step and saved the worry as of course VFR's aren't exactly valuable. But I do miss the Ducati! I'm sure I'll get another one in the not too distant future :)

20220402_123354[1] bmw resized.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. you sold the sps without riding it?? :astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:

11. Highly likely I'll be selling my 748sps within the next couple of months. It's time to start reducing the bike count :)

12. Have never ridden mine .... and I've owned it since 2016. I'm starting to suspect I'm not a proper bike person

13. So let me get this straight. In the four months since December, you've sold the 748, sold the RC390, bought a 390R, bought a VFR, sold the 390R, and bought a BMW?

14. @cookster Yep SPS went without me riding it :-( my excuse is I didn't have my license of course.. the person I sold it to contacted me not that long ago and also still hadn't ridden it!

@916CornerSpeed good luck with your sale if it does go, owning it since 2016 and never riding is worse than me lol

@TNR actually I have to admit to a few more bikes that came and went after selling the SPS but before i passed, so these also never got ridden by me! 1. Kawasaki 1996 ZX7R (green of course) 2. 1997 KTM Duke 690

I bought the Kawasaki after missing owning a 'big bike' and its another bike that has been in my mind since being a kid. It was meant to be one of the best in the country but it wasn't in my eyes, perhaps it didn't help following the SPS which was very clean. I may have kept it if it was as good as i expected it to be, but ended up selling. I then traded the KTM Duke in for the Honda VFR. Technically I did have the Duke when I passed thinking about it, but i hadn't taxed/insured it and then traded it shortly after.

So yes guess i was a busy boy last year lol, all for the love of bikes!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Last time i spoke to him a few weeks back Geoff Baines has a customer that was looking for one

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Geoff Baines of brains racing i assume (i had to Google it). Many thanks for that ... its a dilemma but I think I've come round to the idea of letting it go, along with 5k mile 916. Both immaculate

17. yep hes the man

Do Not Sell My Personal Information