1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 748 Tidy Up

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Roadtrip, Feb 28, 2016.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. Postman came today, bargain £20

IMG_1678.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Taken the shock out today and took it too FTR Suspension for a full rebuild, compared to taking the shock out of my 848 which FTR did for me the 748 is piece of cake and a 10 minute job.

This isn't any Showa shock this is an M&S Showa shock :yum

IMG_1698.JPG

IMG_1700.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  3. The standards are slipping if that's a M&S.;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. How much are they charging for the rebuild if you don’t mind me asking.

5. Rebuild about £170, with a new spring around £230, they had a look at the shaft which looked ok but its parts like that which can soon add up to more cost, i took the shock there if not then add p/p for both ways, i look at all prices as subject to an increase,
    Will up date cost when i get it back.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. M&S budget range :p

7. I had my ohlins rear shock rebuilt 2 or 3 years ago. New spring, shock body and full service. I think it was about £230. Kais did it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. I have my forks going in next week to PDQ in Taplow all being well. £180 - £260 depending on what’s inside them.
    The shock was cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Neither, they're some sort of hardened felt to stop heat transfer, which guard as I think they are still available.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Plumbers or fibre washers. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Picked up the shock on Friday,
    All fitted and took the FTR sticker off as it looked bit crowded,

IMG_1716.JPG

IMG_1717.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  12. Looks great mate. Your pipes look in good nick too, did you clean them up yourself?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. I had them polished when i got the bike 4 years ago, then they turn a nice biscuit colour, if you look on the first page of this thread there is a few photos of them polished,

14. Thanks I polished mine up myself but didn’t come up anywhere near as nice as yours, and I lost a week of my life and half the skin off my hands in the process!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Following on from a resent thread about cleaning up Brembo calipers, i thought i would do mine and with a bit of luck my son had the same stuff but from a different company and purchased it from Halfords for his car.
    It really is great stuff they have come out like new. i also cleaned the rear caliper/ master cylinder.

IMG_1740.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

IMG_1744.JPG

IMG_1745.JPG

IMG_1746.JPG

#197 Roadtrip, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  16. A couple of 748 parts came in the post this week which is always a good thing.
    Finally got a good radiator thanks to @Akorenika :upyeah: and very pleased that i now have a Ducati racing tacho to replace the cracked glass one on the bike.

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

#198 Roadtrip, Jul 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Nice. Well done. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Be like Triggers broom eventually Paul :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information