1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 748 Tidy Up

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Roadtrip, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Very pleased with the finish i didn't think they would polish up that good,

2. Ba ba ba ba bling :cool: Some people just make you sick :D

3. Good work

4. Yes, methodology please:)

5. those pipes look fantastic... as did mine for about half an hour of riding! well not quite but my polished headers were brown again within that time frame and the coloring works its way further back on every ride so after a few weeks the link pipes are coloring up to.. yet to find a practical solution other than take alot of pics of them now... might get mine ceramic coated black as i hate the coffee colored pipes.. sorry to be a party pooper...

6. Who said i was going to ride it i thought everyone just looked at them :Woot:
    I knew it wouldn't last for long, apart from ceramic there's chrome or black chrome, wonder if as they start to turn colour you then get them clear powder coated but would it last?

7. dont think the powder coating option would fly and chrome discolors to.. its a shame as i really like the polished as fuck exhaust system.. got polished rims on my 748 as well and they are impossible to practically maintain.. just gunna have to buy another bike to ride

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Now all you need is one of these! image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Yes i do, think i have a spare £50 in my Paypal account ;) that does look very nice.

10. I have the very same and can vouch for the quality of work.

Here's mine.
    SDC10226.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. Red do you have a side view and i take it you need a mono subframe.

12. I'll have to check for some more photos tomorrow and post them up.

No mono subframe needed, although this seat is on my 748 SPS which does have as standard a mono subframe.

I painted the bike Red as I prefer it but I have all original Yellow panels, tank, seat etc.

New foam padding makes the seat more comfortable.

#72 Red998, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Another job done,
    I was going to get an anodised red pressure plate and Bettes suggested spraying the original plate so i did with Hammerite smooth and i brought an open cover from him as well :upyeah:, new springs/collars and bolts.

Next few jobs are.
    Fit side stand non flip plate and new front fluid reservoir pot and rubber hose as the old one has rusted and split around both the nuts which help hold the lid on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  14. Looks very sharp. :upyeah:

15. Looks good, very clean oil!

16. Very pleased with the look just what i was after and saved a bit on a cover and spraying the original pressure plate :Happy:

Red, i used hammerite gold on the oil :Woot:
    Fitted an optimate lead and the side stand plate, so much better no more flip up's.

17. Starting to look very nice now @Roadtrip . Hopefully we'll get to hear and see her this year ?

• Love You Love You x 1
  18. Guys where can I get one of those Ducati Corse emblem seats please? Thanks

19. If you contact Norfolkngood who put the photo up above (post 68) in this thread, he supplies and fits the cover for you,

20. Thanks mate, much appreciated

Do Not Sell My Personal Information