1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 748 Tool Kit

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by 328isport, Jul 10, 2021.

1. ....and the front axle's special socket alignment tool's missing.:thinkingface:

2. Which is the worst “special” tool ever made. And, as you know, not needed on the 748r as it has Ohlins forks.
    NB The last fact never stopped me from ensuring the axle was aligned though or it just looks wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Strangely enough i reinstalled my front wheel in yesterday and your right ...rubbish with the pricey fork brand, i'd to aligned it up before finally inserting and then tighened up the pinch bolts first on the O.S.

4. Hi Chris, that's the torx key for the screen screws, I think there are three new ones and one OEM (5mm probably) missing which has been replaced with two of the new ones

5. yes it is Andy, but only one end from memory?

6. Well XH’s is errr disappointing in all departments, he’s no bathe it daily for sure. Too many Stellas me thinks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. yes, that's the one Neil, haven't looked lately but that seems a bit "rich" just for the one tool..

EDIT having said that, it is a bit elusive. Out of interest found this on my search:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383488179765?epid=14037666189&hash=item5949ad3e35:g:b~EAAOSwoAlfftqr

[​IMG]

#28 Chris, Jul 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks Chris - ordered! :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Axle alignment tool and screwdriver (looks pretty close to the original!) have arrived and everything given a good clean and polish :)
    DSC_1210.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. "strong contender" ^^ :upyeah: - I was in proximity to many of these sets in various flavours today but forgot to complete an entry. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information