1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 748bp

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by West Cork Paul, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Thanks:upyeah:. I think I'm in the right ball park for a one owner, very low mileage bike, with Termis and all the other CF bits, plus there's not a penny to spend on this one (apart from fuel/tax/insurance) for at least 2 years. Anything else that's out there at the moment you're going to have to factor in some expense in the way of tyres/brakes/service etc. Still, everything's up for negotiation and we all have to start somewhere:). Have a think on it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Is it just me or is the 748 market far more healthy and lively than the early 9's market?

3. Hang on, I will have a look.

No, it’s just you! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I'd say they're kind of similar.

5. How about a chainsaw, did you want to swap for a chainsaw :D

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Is he making more gates?

7. Chainsaws have more uses than that - there's that popular film from the 70's for instance :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Nahhh, I've got one, thanks anyway Harry:upyeah:.

ps. Do you know how to get all the dried blood and skin & bone bits off - asking for friend.:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Fair enough, they go well with the shooters :thinkingface:

Hmm, I - I mean my friend - always pops it in the dishwasher when the Mrs is out :bucktooth: apparently

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Perhaps you are, and the knocks on the door will be the judge of that mate. Sorry, wasn't having a pop at you, it perhaps isn't the bike for me but I said that about an RSV Mille that had 32k miles on it and really was tatty and was up for £3795 and I thought it too much and yet it sold in 2 days and then fell through and sold in another 2 days... 6 months ago really clean ones that wanted for nothing were coming up and being sold for £3k...

All the best mate.

11. I didn't take it as a pop at me Phil so no worries there, we're cool. I'm in no hurry to sell, in fact I'm kinda loathe to sell it, it's almost like it's part of the family I've had it so long, plus there's an attachment having lovingly refurbished it after Storm (nee Hurricane) Ophelia trashed it (there's a thread on here somewhere about that), hence it's only advertised on here and today is the first time I bumped that ad. However, I've a 998S arriving tomorrow and I am questioning why I need a 748 and a 998 in the BikeShed:thinkingface: (hence the bump).

Also, I understand where you're at hence the tag in the eBay bikes thread about the other 748:upyeah:

12. Buy in winter. Sell summer. Or not. ;)

13. We just have 'dry' or 'wet' seasons here now :(

Climate change innit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. My friend says you're welcome :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Honestly mate I think the 998 and the 748 will do different jobs, or at least will get to the end result totally differently, if you can overlap them a few months you may gravitate back to the 748 you never know

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. This is true I think. I am just getting to know my 996 and did 100 plus miles at reasonable pace on it today.
    Speed wise pretty similar but delivery is different. Gobs of grunt on the bigger bike, lots of revs on the 748. I am quite surprised at how different they feel in terms of delivery. Be very interested to hear your thoughts Paul.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Great bike, great write up, maybe a bit more than I expected, I'm struggling with the yellow but I'm warming to it.
    The spec and history is impressive, as you say nothing to spend.
    You're obviously in no rush, let me have a think.
    Mike

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Lovely bike

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. I have rom in my garage for storage bud, wouldn't charge you rent or owt even for trickle charging;)
    Surely that's wet days with a smattering of dry days?

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information