1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 748r 02 (2001)

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Sean748R, Jul 21, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offers, that’s still no cash...if I had a penny for every offer, well you know....
    The demand for 02 748Rs is really high... in what way?

2. I wouldn't (knowingly) sell to someone that'll break it!
    Probably my all time favorite DUcati. I stopped riding on the road a few years ago, otherwise it would be mine by now.
    Good luck with the sale.
    Unfortunately this 'for sale' thread is turning into something else.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. That's a whole new thread about breaking perfectly working special bikes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Agreed. Mines a sub 10k miler low owner example and I'd never expect more than 10k and that's in the faster colour. Never selling so it's all moot anyway.

5. It's eighteen years old and the average mileage for a biker biking is what 3K per season:thinkingface:...so below average mileage:upyeah:£8K would have got a nice garage piece.IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. In the way that when I was selling my SPS I had 6 or 7 people who directly contacted me asking if they could buy the 748R, and it wasn’t for sale.

When I sold a classic car, the guy was a car and bike collector and offered me a good offer to take the 748R and given that he had just bought a car from me I had no reason to believe it wasn’t a genuine offer..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Please don’t misinterpret what I was saying. I didn’t say it’s high mileage bike, just that there will always be a difference between low and average miles bikes. Or at least that was the meaning anyway. I’ve stated countless times that I think this bike is right on the money wise and I’m surprised it’s not sold, but the market is certainly slowing down as I’m told from a few different angles.

Maybe the markets for classics are starting to adjust

8. if memory serves nick's own recent experience of selling his very own 748r through this forum may have been a different one...

9. I dont remember that one, only speaking from my own experience and how quickly a friend sold his bike for 9500 recently..

10. CBA reading all this.......is it sold? Broken? Both? Thread closed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Well, this forum has been about a trillion times more helpful than Autotrader in attracting interest (maybe no big surprise there ), and also in broadening my knowledge of Dukes, so thanks again to all who've contributed.

Yesterday I agreed a sale and and have taken a deposit .....from a Forum Member. As agreed with him, all will become clear in due course!

• Like Like x 8
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Let me know when the deal is done and I will finally close the thread :)

13. Will do

14. A pleasing outcome - congrats Sean.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. fantastic

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Superb well done to all esp OP and new owner!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Great to see the forum working for members:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Bet its you. :p

19. great news

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information