1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748r/1198rs Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by deleteduser211220, Jan 31, 2015.

1. As I will be making ally water/oil pipes, I thought I'd make a bead roller to stop the hoses popping off.

Having looked on google imaged for ideas, I found this one that I thought would do the job.

Tube Bead Roller

They even have a demo on youtube.

So, in the end, I ended up making that way. Will need to be finished off, looks wise. Maybe look at getting it zinc plated.

bead1.jpg bead2.jpg bead4.jpg bead5.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. nice work fella....

now you need a pipe bender too.....

3. I just groved my pipes with a simple pipe cutter... Stayed on for more than a 2000km already, so i'm confident enough they will stay on for ever... But this is even better!!! Love it

Something else are you gonna, refurbish the coolers? They seem to have seen a lot of stones..? There are lots of ways to straighten the fins between the tubes... I used 2 welding wires from the backside of the rad....

4. ;)

5. So do the 1098 callipers have a bigger braking piston surface than the fannygale and can therefor handle the bigger master cylinder bore?

6. Yes... 1098 monoblocks just need a bigger master because of the piston displacement in the calipers

If you put a master that big on the prettyboy pani anchors, you will have no stroke on the master cilinder... Rock hard feel and no degrees on lever pull

7. more fluid bigger pistons bigger action on the pads..........they must be better brakes then......

8. I have the monoblock 1098R setup, not even with the RC18... And I allready feel like it's the best brake setup I've ever had...

9. I made my own carbon cooling pipes, including the reducing T-piece to the heads. My pressure cap is only 0.9bar so I'm hoping silicone sealant round each joint will do the job of the bead. Have run it up to 95 degrees and full revs no problems.
    IMAG0265.jpg
    The top pipe has been replaced since the pic, was just trying an off cut for size.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Any progress?

11. Been working on another bike but will resume this build in a day or two

• Like Like x 1
  12. plus sorting other things out too...........;)

13. Not much progress, at the mercy of suppliers.

I have taken delivery of the ally tubing for the hoses. Waiting to hear back from the silicon hose maker for some bends and elbows etc.

Ordered some 1098RS carbon swingarm guards from C-tech, along with some race airtubes, modded to fit over the big rad.

Postie has also brought a Brembo RCS m/c for the M50's and a Marelli light weight battery.

I have also given Bursi a big shopping list, inc. an ally battery box that the ecu and reg can also fit onto and a centre adjuster for the RS ride height rod but haven't got a reply.

I have also made one of those pins that go into the wheel, to aid the rear height setting tool. I will be making another too (You know who you are)

When more parts come in, I will show them fitted.

pin.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. 1098rsa.jpg 1098rsb.jpg 1098rsc.jpg Some more parts trickling in.

Waiting for ages for the hoses to turn up.
    I sent the pattern off to C-Tech composites for the modded big air tubes. They are good guy's, so won't be long for those..

They did send the carbon cover and mini hugger for the RS swingarm.

Also, Santa turned up early with some mag yokes and a lithium battery.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Have you managed to source hoses for your breather tank yet?

What dimensions is that battery...I'm on the lookout for a small one for my carbon battery tray.

Decided on what forks your running with them yokes? 30mm offset I'm gathering?

16. Hi Tommy.
    Yokes are 30mm offset will get some r n t forks.

The batt is v light and will measre tomorrow. I got it from the carpimoto site.

AS for the breather i will be bending some ally tubing with silicone ends.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fwiw, the battery's only about 800 grams. I'd be interested to know how you get on with it cos I ain't too impressed with mine.

18. yokes look great where you get them from??

19. Are those yokes Ford Hawaiian bronze or Autumn gold?..in fact they are gold enough to be 848 material.....:upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information