1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748r/1198rs Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by deleteduser211220, Jan 31, 2015.

1. The are Nissan Bluebird tissue box gold.

2. Started to fit up the coolant hoses.

Bent some 25mm ally for the lower rad pipe but the smaller 12mm hose needed a tight bend in it. So after annealing the pipe, I made a pipe bender to get a nice tight bend.

pipes.jpg pipes2.jpg pipes3.jpg pipes5.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  3. Nice project!

4. Thanks,
    Finished chopping all the unwanted plugs rom the loom. Just got to wrap the loom back up now with loom tape that's coming from the UK's Corse dept.
    loom1.jpg loom2.jpg loom3.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  5. I was going for some r&t forks but ended up with some 46mm superbike forks.

These needed some108mm calipers so got some billet Brembo calipers.

Need to look at some Brembo narrow track discs with a 10mm offset. 20150829_152320.jpg 20150829_150719.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. Have you fired her up yet? :Headphone:

7. Yep!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice :) don't know what the Piega's fixing PCD's etc are just thought the 290's would fit without the calliper bobbins, don't think you'd be short of stopping power :D

9. Loving your work!

10. Have found these at a good price (Around £415 a pair) but shame they aren't in the Jimmy Saville Gold.
    Brembo Racing Brake Disc 08755013

I need 08755013 for 10mm offset, the number that ends in 13 is for 15.5 offset.
    This advert has both numbers in it, so have sent an email to see what's what.

11. The Oz wheels are the same as 5 hole Ducati's 72mm bore with a 90mm PCD.
    The fork bottoms and calipers negate the 15mm offset, so 10 is needed.

12. do you need 6 hole or 5, I have some 10mm offset 320 serie oro 5 hole upload_2015-9-1_21-29-21.png 5mm thick, used for 1 tday

13. Thanks but I am after the 6mm racing discs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Love your work and craftsmanship FE! Top notch mate! :upyeah:

15. Managed to source some 999RS discs (Two pairs) They needed 1.5mm shims to centralise them in the calipers.

The front spindle was for wide track yokes, so I had to shorten it but also increase the thread length to make it work.

I used the fender mounts that were with the legs but they don't give a good fit for the fender. So will look at making some that allow better fitment.
    front.jpg

Because I am no longer using the dtc discs, I have to make a pick-up ring with 6 pips and mount the sensor under the fork. Similar to the Nemesis tc set up. Here is a picture of Andy B's bike, with the pick up ring I made for him.
    front2.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  16. Indeed looking very nice, sir!

17. Due to Chris, tutankhamon, selling some parts from his racebike, I now need to install a Microtec M197 and a full Nemesis TC system.

Need to sit down with some instructions and work it all out!

nemesis2.jpg microtec2.jpg microtec1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information