1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 748r Font Paddock Stand

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Duncati, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Are there any 748R owners that use a front yoke paddock stand?
    I’m looking to buy one, but having looked at the bottom yoke on my bike, there is no ‘hole’ for the pin to fit into, the yoke is completely solid. I need to get the forks out to have the seals replaced and thought this would have been the best way to prop the front end up. Anyone had the same issue and managed a way round it?

2. Yep, my yoke was solid too, they are that way from factory. Made this little stand up to lift the bike off the ground.

578D8836-8C6F-4C39-9179-2FADB03B7869.jpeg BC3916BC-CE8B-42FE-B386-EE3F50247B69.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  3. Abba stand for me

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. +1 for the basic Abba Stand. Andy

5. A friend has loaned me his engine hoist on numerous times over the years with great effect for the removal off front & rear ends etc,with straps around the frame/ behind the headstock area.

#6 XH558, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Thanks Jack:upyeah:

8. I’ve swung it from the garage rafters in the past with ratchet straps, bit heath robinson but it did work:D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks Andy:upyeah:

10. Similar idea to the one Final_Edition mentioned, haven’t seen a price for that yet though

11. I bet she didn't come back for round two.;)

12. You bunch of poncy tarts, wots rong wiv a pyle of bricks?:joy::laughing::joy::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Fair point actually, if a little last century. When bikes came with a centre stand I always used to put a bag of gravel on the pillion seat to pull the front up for wheel removal. Not exactly safe but it worked and I never had a problem. o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. You try sh*tting one...:eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. She did a runner at the mention of ratchet straps:joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. You seen the price of bricks these days?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information