1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 748r In Very Good Condition

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by bettes, Oct 28, 2016.

1. It does look to be a well looked after example. The only down point I could see was the scuffing on the heat shield.

2. Its just looking for a good home where it can be loved and cared for :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. I can store it for you.......

4. So why did the dealer tell me it was £10k is this the same bike?

5. even I'd be tempted by that at a little less..

6. It was up for £10,000 before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. I'll ring them back first thing tomorrow in that case ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Actually before I do, I do barely any miles on any of my bikes - is even the late 748R still needing the belts done every year? If so it would be a very expensive bike per mike for me as I'd be lucky to do 300 mile a year on it..

9. 748R belts are an annual event or 7500 miles whichever comes first and the belts are unique, 22mm wide. Andy

10. If Ducati belts deteriorate that quickly they should make plastic carrier bags out the same material. Are they biodegradable?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. So you need to look at the additional stress in the belts created by the higher compression, higher valve lift and higher rev limit. I'm not convinced there is a significant increase in risk but as a manufacturer there is the perception that you need to mitigate an unquantified risk just in case. The RS belts are only 19mm wide but were routinely changed before every race. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. I get the mileage bit, but yearly seems extreme.

Had a nice chat with your mates at MR today, popped in for a few service bits and saw the 1098R and spoke to a guy with a beard about valve adjustment on 999. Very helpful chaps.

13. I think personally I would sleep easily enough with a bi-annually belt change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. No. Absolute marketing bollox imho. Have mates who have done them every 5 years, and others every 3 where they have raced them. But I'm not paying the bill :)

15. Screw it im going to give them a call on Monday first thing and see if we can strike a deal :)
    Not open today :(

• Like Like x 2
  16. It's all well saying it's marketing bollox and is sure u are correct, but some aren't happy to wait 3-5 years and then a belt just happen to snap. Personally I would rather stick to recommended and if I can't afford to own the 748r I would buy a standard one, or an 848.

I just don't get anyone that would want a super rare bike and then not have the money/care to look after it exactly as specified.

17. Good luck, hope you can strike a deal :upyeah:. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wonder if the owner is on this forum as it's a customers bike, not the dealers..

19. Worth checking when u call that they will include a basic 3 month warranty? As u would expect from a dealer, they may say they won't as it's being sold for someone!

20. Beautiful looking bike

Do Not Sell My Personal Information