1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 748r Light Refurb, Well, It Started That Way.....

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Expat Jack, Sep 23, 2019.

1. @West Cork Paul couldn't you just make some spacers up??

@Expat Jack Yeah it was an awesome bike!! Absouluty concours and banging out 130bhp.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Out of an old sprocket perhaps? :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. I see the GBmoto site have a picture with spacers - simple nylon ones by the look of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I did look at that, it needs a 20mm offset on the gear lever side so as to clear the swing arm but that also moves the gear lever out of line with the gearbox spindle and at the time I couldn't work out how to affix it. I will revisit the situation.

I presume no one likes them then :(

5. Mate, bring out your inner Goldie Looking Chain, (only) you know it makes sense.
    upload_2019-11-27_16-47-39.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. They look alright when they're on as the bike's yellow but I can see I might just be in the minority on this :(.

I wish mention of that GBMoto site hadn't been brought up as well:eek:, there's some nice stuff on there.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. @West Cork Paul, space the rearsets out then add a spacer between the rearset and rose joint on the gear change shaft.

64212320-93A7-46F0-B053-A13FFBA0A0A6.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Thanks for the invitation to call in and see the old girl the other day. I have to say, she's looking gorgeous - a tribute to your attention to detail (or OCD!) and determination. Great work on the carbon fibre bits especially.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. You’re welcome Sean. Glad you liked her.

10. Yeah... and what about the bike? I mean this is supposed to be a bike forum :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Jack the pimp.;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. :eyes::eyes::scream:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. The Ducabike rearsets on the 748R fit straight up without fouling the swingarm and are understated in style but a quality item :upyeah:

Ducabike rearsets on bike.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Have you got any detailed photos of the positioning of the gear change rod at both ends mate?

I fitted my Ducabike rearsets and couldn’t get it right

15. Will post some on your thread mate.

16. Thanks mate! Would be a massive help.

I gave up in the end and decided to tackle it next year lol

17. Just reread your post. Mine are standard rearsets but @Brouny851 has the Ducabike ones fitted? Maybe he can load some pics up for you if the linkage?

18. Any help is good for me at the moment. That gear set has been in more positions than Katie Price!

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Try putting it at 69 degrees to the horizontal. ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information