1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748r Prices On The Up... Nuts..

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Noods, Jul 16, 2017.

1. 748R on Auto Trader.. can't afford a Foggy Rep and soon won't be able to afford a748R either at this rate.. it's gone nuts..
    £12,250 with 9000 miles...

IMG_5298.jpg

#1 Noods, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Check the eBay bikes thread

3. Tell me I'm missing something here ( wouldn't be the first time ) but we are talking two different bikes here yes? The earlier (yellow)one is a better reflection on their real value but, but I'm looking for the later slab model..

4. Thanks... ha, I did last nite as I do religiously, daily ! I even search on the eu ebay sites, daily too.. for instance eBay NL Germany and Italy to name but a few..

5. it's my friend selling this one, it's a lovely bike but he has priced it at that because it's generally considered that people are seriously chancing it at £9k+ for them. I asked around previously and people didn't seem to be paying £9-10k for them so he is trying to be realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Didn't look at the ad. Just thought it funny post placement, one after the other.

7. The 12500 Red 748r was in Moto rapido not so long back with info strada stickers all over it. Was resprayed about 6 months ago

8. Yep, I remember seeing it in there. That's quite a turn around price wise as it was up for a lot less then and I thought it was over priced for a non original bike

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Oh right.. ha, yep, bit like buses hey! Wait for one for ever then two come along ...

10. Oh right.. ha, yep, bit like buses hey! Wait for one for ever then two come along ...

11. Do you remember how much it was when at MR?

12. The yellow one yes?

13. People asking silly money has gone up but that should never confuse what is being asked, and what they actually sell for. I'm sure plenty of us have seen the same bike with a wtf price still up for sale months later.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yeah, priced at £7250. Read the description also as it's got receipts for stuff like a new clutch and chain and sprockets in November so it's really up together. I did 130 miles on it on Thursday as I don't have a bike at the mo so my buddy lets me borrow the 748R and it's lovely.

15. I'm with you there mte. I think some, of these bike dealers are causing it not all, but some are fleecing us..

it's like I know a guy who worked as a Ferrari salesman he went solo a few years ago now backed by a Prem footie star.. he gets access to every new Ferrari out of the factory and orders them in advance of them being built as he knows he has footie players who are prepared to pay way over the top for one now, rather than be on the very long waiting list.. he then takes in their trade in ( eg a Lamborghini or similar and sells that for them making him a shed load more wonga...

16. Shame it's not quite the one I'm after or I'd have it on your recommendation...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Between 8 and 8.5. I think by the time it was put back to standard, paint, wheels and wheel bearing there wasn't much change from 9.5

#19 Andy800, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. I'm trying to sell my R1 at the moment. Loads on eBay at £4K mark with more miles and worse condition/ bolt on tat and yet can I get a sniff on mine on eBay with a starting price of £2500 and advertised at £2850? Can I hell. Yet every magazine is touting how these are the classic du jour and soaring in price... I think eBay distorts "value" massively and PCP is so easy / rammed down throats that actually selling an honest used bike is just a mare now.

Oh well. I'll end up keeping it i reckon. Was thinking about shunting it on to make way for an 848 before they go bonkers too.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information