1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 748r

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by b4bertie, Feb 1, 2019.

1. 2002 slab sided 748R
    airbox, seat graphic, wheels, forks, steering damper, bike calliper and discs all look that model to me.

2. Saw that last night. CHeap bike that

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steve says its great so it must be...

4. Don’t know the dealer. The yellow 748R is a 2002 model although not the final 2002 model with slab side fairings. My guess is it either sat in the original dealer’s until registration in 2003 or went into a collection for a short while. The yellow one is in original condition and my favourite but I wouldn’t give £10k for it. The red one is an abomination, the Dymag wheels are about the ugliest out there and it’s had a load of cheap fake gold tat thrown at it. IMO, it’s worth around £8k. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Thanks Andy et Al,
    I'm near the dealers next week so will pop in for a closer inspection then
    Cheers
    Pete

6. Service history is key with the 748R, belts are every 12 months when on the road (not in someone’s front room). Look for flaking paint on the engine cases and check the fully floating cast iron front discs. There should be a fair bit of movement (almost a rattle) but be wary of exccessive movement, 748R discs are not cheap. Wish I was coming with you, the yellow one looks a beauty. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 2002 748R front discs are alloy rotors with stainless discs..

Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 22.18.12.png

8. both slab sided models
    Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 22.33.47.png Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 22.15.36.png

9. Both are MY02s registered in 2003, what is ironic is the yellow one not only looks better but should now be worth more despite the mileage. Unless the red one comes with the original bits, somebody will have a lot of work to do. IMHO the red one shows you why you need to be careful with bling, it looks sh!te. Wheels, carbon mudguard, screen and that tacky gold stuff is pretty tasteless

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. 748s should be yellow

11. 853s however should be red. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I find the whole "collector" thing a bit distasteful and this dude has 20 of them. Its a bit like keeping animals in a zoo, just not natural. Ducatis should be ridden, they are not furniture. As for the price, well in the car world the higher the price the less the vehicle is used... somewhat defeats the point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Looks expensive to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information