1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748s Free Ulez Exemption

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by maffews, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Hello I’m new on here, so hello! Thought you guys and girls might find it useful to know that you can get ulez exemption for free.

I filled in contact form here
    https://contact.ducati.com/us/en/li...85.677470805.1618251316-2046316750.1618251315 and asked if they could provide emissions data for my 748s.

They replied next day and asked for a copy of my ID and a copy of the V5c logbook.

I then got called from Ducati customer service uk. They said they can get a letter from the homologation department stating the emissions (free) or I can get a certificate of conformity (£50). I said free letter is fine thank you very much. Took about 3weeks to arrive in the post. Then I got an account with tfl where you can upload evidence to prove your bike meets the emissions standards. Next day I got an email from Tfl saying that the bikes now exempt. Ducati customer services were great and very helpful unlike another manufacturer for my other bike who didn’t want to know. Hope this helps and saves you some £££s getting your bike tested.

Good luck

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. I done exactly the same for my 748R. It’s less than half the allowable emissions! Not bad for a 20 year old bike.

Even though I hate riding into town and riding on the shit roads, it is handy to have the exemption

3. Think my 748s emissions were higher than your R on paper, 0.13g/km rings a bell. They’re expanding the zone out to the north circ in Oct. It’ll only be a mile down the road, so thought I’d better do something before getting caught out. I also hardly ever ride in town, hate it and the bike hates it even more

4. Did any of you put your reg into the ULEZ site before your exemption? If so what was the response? Does this mean the emissions statement or certificate of conformity is more accurate compared to the ULEZ data base that presumably accesses DVLA?

5. My bike came up as non compliant on the Ulez checker and it doesn’t have any emissions data in the log book. If you have emissions data in your log book and your bike comes up as non compliant on the checker then I think you can just send a copy of the logbook as evidence so long as the Nox bit is 0.15g/Km or under.

6. Cheers dude, gonna do that the moment I get home.....

7. Welcome.

8. Pop some pictures up of said machine and include your bins while your at it and not the crashing type of bins but rubbish/recycling :D they keep me happy

welcome into our mad house

9. Mine came up as non compliant, but I think this is due to the DVLA not holding emissions info on older vehicles.

It was a nice straight forward process though

D976BC2D-4DF2-4C0C-B23A-3BCF504588FB.jpeg 388F9E7E-44ED-4F3E-A3F9-F596C946CEE3.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information