1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748s Running Temp

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Gricey86, Oct 2, 2017.

1. hi guys , bought the bike Friday and this mornings work commute was its maiden voyage , I notice me when riding the temp sat at around 60 , is this normal I thought it was a tad low ?

Also is there anything other then the norm (belts etc) that I should check ? Gonna pull the fairings give it a clean and go over it with a fine tooth comb this evening but anywhere I should be paying special attention too ?

Thanks in advance

Gricey

2. All my Ducati's have run low 60's on the commute in air flow, especially when there is a chill in the air like today. They quickly sit at 80-90 in traffic on warm days so I wouldn't worry.

I read that 65 degree at the thermostat is about the optimum for an engine to run at. Sorry can't remember the source but it was a reputable one (might have been a tech article by JHS in Fastbikes thinking about it).

3. Ahh that's excellent thankyou , it didn't seem to effect the running at all and felt warm underseat but figured I'd rather someone confirm , bikes been sat a while so wanted to check , thanks

4. First thing to look at is the wiring and connectors to and from the reg/ rec, they are susceptible to heat damage, common on the 748/916 range of bikes. First you will know is when it stops charging.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'll check that first thing this eve , thankyou

6. Also , my frame says 748s , it has a Showa rear shock but 3 spoke wheels

Bikes on an early 98 s reg , is it an s or just a standard biposto (not that I can find the rear peg mountings tbh but it does have a rear seat)

7. They all do that sir.

The 'S' in the frame number is part of the denomination and is the same for all of the range.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah I thought if it was just a standard biposto but I saw the r n the Showa m thought oo I wonder

9. Rear peg mounts should be just behind the lower edge of the seat unit inline with the back of the riders seatish.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Superb found them after some looking Need to get time to give it a wash n looknover it

11. Don't get um wet they won't start after!!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information