1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 748s Semi Senna Clear Coated...can It Be Restored?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by tboooe, May 2, 2020.

1. red paint and a small brush AA0C2247-E0A9-47FA-9721-725533330AC5.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. I can only go by what the current owner (he is the second). He told me that the original owner had clear coated it. Since I do not have an original Senna fairing to compare it to I can't tell how different it is.

3. Which Ohlins model fork is that? Also, if it's not too much trouble would you happen to know the paint and finish code? I think it should be in the owners manual..

4. The forks are off a 748r 61250361-7D8C-464D-B822-90B5D2CC9176.jpeg

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. I know its been a while but the owner finally is ready to sell it. I was able to buy it for $2750 which I think is a steal even though it hasn't been ridden in over 4 years. I know there is risk that I will find some unforeseen issues due to it sitting for so long but I feel confident I can deal with it. Plus, given the condition of the multiple Bimotas I see in his workshop, the owner seems to be the kind of guy that takes care of his toys. I will be picking it up in a week or so. My first order of business:
    • Replace all fluids/gas
    • New battery
    • Timing belt change
    • Start looking into matte paint issue
    • Anything else?
    @VtwinDave would you mind sending me some up close pics of your Titanium Grey 748s? I want to try and get a better feel for the level of matte in the OEM finish. Thank you!

#26 tboooe, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  6. I sent some on I’ll get some closer ones later

7. Just got back from a long day driving up to LA and back. Its too late and dark to take good pics but here is one of both my girls. Please dont mind the Hello Kitty in the background, I actually do have 2 real girls!

IMG_20210515_200702.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  8. That’s a beauty :heart_eyes:

9. Love that colour on a 748. just looks right. Nice.

10. I had a well known motorcycle painter attempt to apply a matte finish over the gloss. The original owner of the bike had a spare, damaged side fairing that we tested with. I am pleased with the results and will be respraying my entire bike this summer.

S4.jpg
    S5.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. That looks great

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information