1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 749 / 999 Horn Location For Beginners

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by domRusty, Mar 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd quite like a Storm Ti system, but actually nothing really beats the look of the 'standard' Termi exhaust with the carbon fibre cover. That combo just looks so right to me... :sunglasses:

#1 domRusty, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. 750 plain chocolate ones.

3. Allow my Mivv X Cone to give you all the collywobbles... it sounds awesome, like God clearing His throat... just looks like a traffic accident. :smiley:

IMG_1979.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. that's kind of awesome :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hi guys,
    I ride 749 and I am pleased with the sound of my silmotor exhaust. Its got a good looks also. It is not full system only end exhaust but since i got rid of my stock exhaust i can feel it puls a bit more

20160417_172415.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oh it was a mess and continually broke the mount... horrible. Get a Termi / Akra / Leo Vince.

8. All of those systems are quite far from "lightweight"

9. My 749R came with the 57mm banana system and a remap by Wilf at MotoRapido. All I can say is that the fuelling is perfect, drive clean and strong at all revs and, ISTR, dynos at around 131bhp. It's not (quite) loud enough to make your ears bleed (track day measures 107db @ 1m, 45º) but is quite enough to rattle the windows in Perth police HQ, but sounds fantastic. 20140913 8292.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  10. At what rpm?

11. If I'm remembering correctly, 5,000rpm is the standard for a 2-cylinder machine.

Edit: just checked - it's 5500 <750cc, 5000 over. I'm pretty sure I measured mine at 5000. Knockhill static limit is 105dB, so I'm hoping that, on a windy day (most of them) I might just make it.

12. I certainly wouldn't put money on accuracy there - I wasn't using a calibrated noise meter. In the Richter scale of noisy exhausts (where 1 is an electric moped and 10 causes ancient monuments to crumble to dust), I'd put my Multistrada (on stock pipes) as a 3, my ST4s a 4 and my 749r/57mm a 6.5. A Darmah SS on open Contis is a straight 9 there and a Black Shadow running on open short pipes is at least a 9.5 :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. With the clutch in mine only makes 101db

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. I am sure a deep sump system will fit a shallow sump bike bit not the other way around.

What swingarm do you have?

15. i dont get what we are looking for here...noise or power?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Apologies for dragging this up, but I'm working out what to do about an exhaust for my 999 project.

As usual I really don't want to spent huge amounts of cash on it so am keeping my eye out for something interesting and cost effective that comes along.
    And as such I've been reading up on a load of old posts.
    if anyone has anything they want to sell let me know, but any purchase will be cost dependant.

I'm considering taking an angle grinder to the stock can and coring it, but want to understand more what's going on inside and can't find a thread I found a while back showing one with the lid off.

I know there is a CAT in the stock silencer for the Vertical cylinder, but is there also a more convoluted route for the Vertical Cylinder gases in the silencer to make up for the difference in length of the two Headers?

Thanks.

#16 Nasher, Nov 23, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  17. https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/999-termi-replica-exhaust-coring-revisited.40131/

https://www.ducati.ms/threads/coring-a-999-exhaust.71756/

just make sure your cross sectional area from each outlet is no smaller than the inlet CSA.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Sigh, I have a full 57mm termi I might be persuaded to part with, I have the OEM to go back on

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ivor

Hi, and thanks.

I've really only considered a slip-on can to the original headers, do let me know what you want for the system, but it really will be price dependant.
    I'd imagine you wouldn't have any issues selling it via the for sale section though.

20. Posted incorrectly

PC030003.JPG

#20 Nasher, Dec 4, 2021
    Last edited: May 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information